the_unbroken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#51 the_unbroken
Member since 2006 • 1886 Posts

Hmm, I cant say that I ever really use potions, Unless I'm in a tight situation that I need instant healing on the entire party, Then I may use a mega-potion. But most of the time I find myself just casting cure, because its more effective sa a healing contribution.

Avatar image for firecross_basic
firecross_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 firecross_basic
Member since 2002 • 254 Posts
i just use them in the begining of the game but i think i'll use them in XII i just can't wait for it >
soulreaper187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#53 soulreaper187
Member since 2006 • 1896 Posts
I try to go through the dungeon I'm working on, finishing all the battles I encounter as soon as possible. If I fee lthat I will not reach the end of the dungeon with my current MP, I return to town to rest. I only use items in life and death situations.Fantasy_Gamer
well when you have to use a potion it's usually a life or death situation anyways
Orasion_Seiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#54 Orasion_Seiz
Member since 2004 • 6594 Posts

i just use them in the begining of the game but i think i'll use them in XII i just can't wait for it >firecross_basic

depends on the situations but using items in XII is a must thats what kept me alive there :)

Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Fantasy_Gamer
Member since 2004 • 14159 Posts
I seldom reach that point. :P Except in FFXII where monsters love to gang up on you.
the_unbroken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 the_unbroken

I seldom reach that point. :P Except in FFXII where monsters love to gang up on you.Fantasy_Gamer

so I take it you guys have already played XII, It cant be that hard,

ffragnarok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#57 ffragnarok
Member since 2003 • 26 Posts
Oh, I almost forgot, but Al-Bhed Potions help me survive that last battle, which took me probably almost 20 tries to beat.
soulreaper187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#58 soulreaper187
Member since 2006 • 1896 Posts
I'll use potions when I don't feel like going back to the airship save sphear or town
Orasion_Seiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#59 Orasion_Seiz
Member since 2004 • 6594 Posts

[QUOTE="Fantasy_Gamer"]I seldom reach that point. :P Except in FFXII where monsters love to gang up on you.the_unbroken

it can be easy it can be hard on some situations. random encounters in the game can also be frustrating.

Supakilla_2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Supakilla_2004
Member since 2005 • 476 Posts
I dont usually use potions. I use magic.
Supakilla_2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Supakilla_2004
Member since 2005 • 476 Posts

From FF1-FFX-2 I never really use Potions as a general means of healing. For some reasons, I always hesistate to use my items. I rather spend my MP casting cure than to consume my items.

However, that changed when I played FF12. After more than 50 hours of saving my hard-earned potions and hi-potions (including ethers) i was forced to use it... and almost consume everything when I fought with the Ahriman boss in the Sochen Cave Palace with my characters' initial equipment.

Fantasy_Gamer
Is FF12 good?
Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Fantasy_Gamer

FF12 good? Supakilla_2004

It is a different experience. It think it is all right, but definitely not the 40/40 score given by Famitsu... Definitely not!

natiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#63 natiko
Member since 2005 • 13284 Posts
Strong words FG, strong words..but can you even tell wtf they're saying? If not it might kidna lower the experience...:P
RobotOpBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: -3

#64 RobotOpBuddy  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 65506 Posts
Strong words FG, strong words..but can you even tell wtf they're saying? If not it might kidna lower the experience...:Pnatiko
lol, yer it's hard to get hold of a story if you dnt understand a word anyone is saying >_<
the_unbroken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 the_unbroken
[QUOTE="the_unbroken"]

[QUOTE="Fantasy_Gamer"]I seldom reach that point. :P Except in FFXII where monsters love to gang up on you.Orasion_Seiz

it can be easy it can be hard on some situations. random encounters in the game can also be frustrating.

now I really want to play it, But it still doesnt look overly great to me, And please tell me you dont have to be that little fiminine dude Vaan or whatever his name is.

Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Fantasy_Gamer

[QUOTE="natiko"]Strong words FG, strong words..but can you even tell wtf they're saying? If not it might kidna lower the experience...:Probbristow
lol, yer it's hard to get hold of a story if you dnt understand a word anyone is saying >_<

My comment is based on the gameplay experience. I know it is innovative of FF, but it's definitely not worthy of 40/40. I don't like the gambit system. It is cheap. The license system is also not that innovative. It's just like a simpler sphere grid system of FFX.

As for the story, somehow, I understand it (I can say that my understanding is correct when I check the translation guide).

Back to the topic, in FF12, using potions is a faster way for healing. It has lesser charge time tha nusing magic.

soadrock2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#67 soadrock2
Member since 2005 • 3561 Posts

during a battle id use potions and cure but outside id use a tent or an inn.