gmsnpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#102 gmsnpr
Member since 2004 • 4242 Posts

I'm back on Morrowind GOTY on the PC.  After rearranging my game room a bit, I've got room for a desk and chair, which lets me play without disturbing anyone else, i.e. I made the man-cave even more functional.  This lends itself to evening-long and weekend-long Morrowind sessions, like the one I'm pausing to write this.

totalgridlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#103 totalgridlock
Member since 2004 • 1269 Posts

I'm back on Morrowind GOTY on the PC.  After rearranging my game room a bit, I've got room for a desk and chair, which lets me play without disturbing anyone else, i.e. I made the man-cave even more functional.  This lends itself to evening-long and weekend-long Morrowind sessions, like the one I'm pausing to write this.

gmsnpr

I love that game.  I still prefer it over Oblivion, it's just so much more vivid and interesting.  I had a six-month-long Morrowind session once :)

someNONSENSE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#104 someNONSENSE
Member since 2006 • 1404 Posts
Nearing the end of Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, to be followed up immediately with Uncharted 2. Its about time my PS3 is seeing some action..
gmsnpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 gmsnpr

My two-month-long fixation on Morrowind continues.  I have gone through a majority of the faction quests in the game and am finally making some progress in the main game.  I killed Vivec as a test at ~level 30 just to see if I could and restored the save to just before entering the palace.  My character is now level 57 with substantially better equipment.  He's pretty tough.  I also "test-killed" Divayth Fyr yesterday with a pretty puny weapon for kicks.  Here are my ranks in the factions:

Ashlanders: I'm Neverarine to two tribes, I think that's rank 3, but I'm not positive 

Blades: 6/6 Operative (Caius has left Balmora)

Fighters Guild 10/10 

House Hlaalu 10/10

Imperial Cult 7/10 

Imperial Legion 10/10 

Mages Guild: 9/10 (just finished "Disappearance of the Dwarves" and haven't asked yet about Telvanni or a duel

Morag Tong: 1/10 (I'm waiting to start these until after the main quest 

Temple 10/10

Thieves Guild 10/10

I've also done all the Daedric quests but for Boethiah's and a pile of miscellaneous quests.

My plan is to finish up the main quest, then the Morag Tong and mop up the remaining few ranks in the Cult and Mages Guild, then move on to the official mods, then Tribunal and Bloodmoon. 

Morrowind is officially my favorite game of all time. 

gmsnpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 gmsnpr
I've started Fable III and so far, it seems like a much-refined version of Fable II. I have about 3 hours in (which the people on my friends list with it can already see--a neat feature) and I already own all the housing in The Dweller camp and I've started on Brightfalls. Having to keep track of property repairs is kind of a drag, though. It's a more realistic treatment of real estate, but still kind of a drag. The voice acting is top drawer.
someNONSENSE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 someNONSENSE

I've started Fable III and so far, it seems like a much-refined version of Fable II. I have about 3 hours in (which the people on my friends list with it can already see--a neat feature) and I already own all the housing in The Dweller camp and I've started on Brightfalls. Having to keep track of property repairs is kind of a drag, though. It's a more realistic treatment of real estate, but still kind of a drag. The voice acting is top drawer.gmsnpr

Yeah, they really should have made an option where you can choose to auto-repair or repair an entire town at once instead of making you go through the drudgery of repairing each house one at a time. This is especially true when you own ALL the property that can be owned in the game! :P

someNONSENSE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 someNONSENSE

In celebration of getting refunds for two cosmetically defective copies of Super Mario Allstars Limited Edition for the Wii, I finally cracked open one of my two remaining copies of the game and played a little old school Mario.. the game looks great on my 50 inch plasma.

I also took the occasion of playing the Wii to pop in Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon. This game was made specially for the Wii and is a cover to cover shooter. It is kind of on rails because you can literally only go from one predetermined cover point to the next. There is no free roaming at all. Nevertheless, this game is a blast to play... I recommend it for those who like on rail shooters and using the Wii remote and nunchucks..

someNONSENSE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 someNONSENSE

Wow, first post in this thread in a long time.

This past week I have been playing Skyrim and am absolutely loving this game.. It is truly a gaming masterpiece. The art and scenery in this game is stunning. I am getting missions done, with lots of exploration and am having a blast. I highly recommend this game to anyone who likes adventure.

Avatar image for waflerevolution
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 121

#110 waflerevolution
Member since 2004 • 10598 Posts
so I'm literally the only person who didn't enjoy it?
someNONSENSE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 someNONSENSE

so I'm literally the only person who didn't enjoy it?waflerevolution

How much of Skyrim have you played?

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 waflerevolution

[QUOTE="waflerevolution"]so I'm literally the only person who didn't enjoy it?someNONSENSE

maybe 3 hours...

someNONSENSE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 someNONSENSE
[QUOTE="someNONSENSE"]

[QUOTE="waflerevolution"]so I'm literally the only person who didn't enjoy it?waflerevolution

maybe 3 hours...

If you enjoyed Fallout 3, then I can't imagine that you wouldn't like Skyrim, as it is essentially the same game but improved in many ways and not as depressing as playing in the Capital wasteland. You probably just need to give it a bit more time.

To clarify: I mean it is the same game in structure and gameplay elements. Not the same game in story or scope by any means. Skyrim is more epic in many ways.

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 waflerevolution
[QUOTE="waflerevolution"][QUOTE="someNONSENSE"]

[QUOTE="waflerevolution"]so I'm literally the only person who didn't enjoy it?someNONSENSE

maybe 3 hours...

If you enjoyed Fallout 3, then I can't imagine that you wouldn't like Skyrim, as it is essentially the same game but improved in many ways and not as depressing as playing in the Capital wasteland. You probably just need to give it a bit more time.

To clarify: I mean it is the same game in structure and gameplay elements. Not the same game in story or scope by any means. Skyrim is more epic in many ways.

I'm not far enough into any story to dislike it it's more on the combat system... it feels so much less responcive and accurate from what ESIV or FO3/NV had... I am really unfond of it... and I do agree it's exactly like Fallout... even the horrible looking eyes... you know, the black eyes that glow for some reason? also, and the lockpick system is less forgiving... I am generally unfond of the way people of all species look in the game as well...especially in character creation... and I wassaddened by the loss of un-natural hair colors...

KGKaiju

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#115 KGKaiju
Member since 2010 • 861 Posts

The posts keep climbing..

but nobody is still rhyming.

Sorry to interrupt....Is this bad timing?

someNONSENSE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 someNONSENSE

I'm abandoning the rhyme, because I just don't have the time. :?

Yesterday I played more Skyrim, and have now found 100 locations and earned a nice 40 pt achievement. Apparently I have already put 30 hours into this game, but am only at level 15 and have only worked on two sets of missions! Most of my time in the game lately has been exploration and adding new places to my world map. Yesterdy I explored the far east and discovered Rifton and the Thieves guild. I also explored the far north and walked around in Solitude for a bit. Love this game..

I also played a little bit more Battlefield 3 campaign, but must say I am very disappointed with this game. In my opinion it is nowhwere near as good as MW3, not even in the same league. The campaign has not been fun, but an exercise in frustration. For example there is a guided cutscene where you must spend over a minute climbing up a ladder into the back of a hotel to flank the enemy. I had to replay this five times due to missing the correct button press when ambushed in the room at the top of the ladder. It is NOT fun to have to replay this over and over and have to fail it again and again due to trial and error. Aside from this, I am just sick of getting so far in the combat, getting sniped by an unseen enemy and then having to replay the entire mission again. Stupid gameplay design. Also, the whole interrogation story thread is tired and cliche. They didn't even make it as interesting as Black Ops or the game "Black" that the idea emulates.. I could go on with other gripes about the game, but in summary: Battlefield 3 = FAIL. (Which is too bad because I had high hopes for this game. And why didn't they make it as good as Battlefield 2? Battlefield 2 was a great game!)

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 waflerevolution
the story in BF2:MC was non-existent... that game was much more focused on the amazing online play. I will agree that was great... but the campaign was just really short and really lackluster. I have a copy of BF3 I can't play till mid-Feb when I give it to my son for his burfday... but as far as I can tell, he only wants it to play online anyway... played that at all?
someNONSENSE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 someNONSENSE
Oh, I was talking about Battlefield: Bad Company 2 that had a great campaign. I have never played Battlefield 2: Modern Combat. Hard to keep them all straight in the Battlefield series.. The online play for BF3 is okay. But it takes forever to load a game, and there is the annoyance that when you want to stop playing, it won't save your previous game's stats until the next game completely loads.. Stupid choice on the part of the game developers in my opinion. Also, it takes forever to unlock things you want for your guns, and even after customizing my guns the way I want them, half the time I am given a version of the gun that I didn't customize..
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 waflerevolution
I don't think I have Bad Co 2... just 1...
SHEATH013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#120 SHEATH013
Member since 2005 • 446 Posts

Sorry if I misunderstood the intent of this thread but it seems like a "general" what's going on thread. 

Game Sack posted a video on the Pioneer LaserActive, and I naturally thought of this group.  I thought it was informative over all, but I could have sworn the LaserActive had S-Video output.

someNONSENSE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 someNONSENSE
This is actually the "what have you been playing" thread. I think the Off Topic thread is the one you were thinking of.. I enjoyed learning about the Laser Active btw.. :)
WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#122 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9586 Posts

Just for the records, I know this may be a little late, but Skyrim is BY FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR my least favorite Elder Scrolls game.. You get WAY to strong WAY to fast, the dual wieding (which I love in most games) ruins this one. Also the whole kill a dragon get their powers crap..... just no.. no. See, I really loved the whole you are just an insignificant prisoner who gets stronger and saves the world along the way of the other ES games. Add in "I can scream like a dragon?" and all we have created is an over the top feature that makes a player more powerful then they need to be.

Aside from that, the towns dont feel right, the quests feel watered down, I could go on, but I will stop there. Morrowind and Oblivion are FAR better than this game imo. Sad seeing as though the Elder Scrolls series up to this point is argueably my favorite series of all time.

I was just as dissapointed with Skyrim as I was with Breath of Fire IV.... They BOTH ruined otherwise flawless series. I hope in the next ES game they keep the dragon calling, dual wielding crap out. I never wanted to be super dragon man.. I like to identify with my character, and it REALLY takes away from an everyday Joe when that person is something straight out of Mortal Kombat.

I am also really looking forward to the Elder Scrolls Online. I just hope they dont screw it up too. I am also still holding out hope that the next regualr Elder Scroll game will take out the "double up" aspects, and work on more crisp, clean, fighting goodness. I used to LOVE in other Elder Scroll games that a 1 on 1 fight could seem almost impossible, but 2 on 1 could be all but completely out of reach without getting lucky and running away. In Skyrim I could often times fight off like 100 people with shoults that threw them back 100 ft so I could replenish my life, take the glitchy high ground, and then spam spells and shouts....

I really hope that in the next game, the toens re larger, thens feel more personal, the crafting system is revamped... lockpicking comes back and sneak and pickpocket and.... I think everybody gets the point... rant over.

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 waflerevolution

I'm playing that now... and I agree that Oblivion and Morrowind were better... true story, my dislike for Skyrim is what made gmsnpr hate me... and subsequently quit the union... crazy huh? I don't HATE the game, it's entertaining enough... but yes, it's got a lot of problems... I especially don't like being forced to take sides in a civil war where both sides are racist, oppressive a-holes.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 WitIsWisdom

I agree that taking part in the war on either side is horrible. The MAIN thing I hated about the game is that I loved being an imperial in the other Elder Scroll games, but they were made out to be the enemy in this game even though they were only trying to cut back on rebelions. SImilar to that of extremist groups on the shoulders of a guy who used lies as propoganda to rise to power. The whole civil was aspect of the game is bad enough... Not a single town feels right however, and that really takes away from the game in my opinion as well. With all that being said, I did play through the majority of the game twice and did most the side quests, and I liberated the Imperial side of things. It was not a BAD game, it just didn't have that great Elder Scrolls feel that I had been anticipating for so long... it was a makor let down... major...

By the way I didnt realize Gmsnpr left for good... that's a real shame. You know, I can not for the life of me figure out why arguements about video games turn people against each other. Opinions are what make the world turn, and without disagreement there would be no reason to agree. We argue for the sake of trying to get our point of view across, but that point of view is an opinion. Keeping things civil while arguing can be considered a "debate", I personally love a good debate, but arguing over opinion is thouroughly useless in my opinion.

I hope you guys can work out whatever got between the two of you. It isnt worth a long standing friendship over the arguement of a game.

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 waflerevolution

we've been at odds since I almost sold my collection... he was mad I didn't sell it to him... I didn't sell it at all...

also, I didn't like how the dual wielding worked... it was far too inacurate... the game felt more like Fallout than an Elder Scrolls game... that's a given... and it was intentional... lots of people didn't like morrowind or oblivion... but loved fallout and skyrim was clearly to brisge the gap... it also feels a lot like a dry run for the Elder Scrolls MMO that's on the way...

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 WitIsWisdom

I am really looking forwrd to the Elder Scrolls MMO, but if it is anything like Skyrim I wont be playing it much. Skyrim simply lost its charm much to quickly for me. Dual wielding is not needed in a game like that unless you give the ability to choose specific classes and abilities. If the ES MMO has a class or two that can dual wield that is just fine with me, as long as there arent 100 people at anygiven time running around blasting ice out their ass and belching fire out their mouth while swinging two weapons.... I hope it is good, but I have my doubts.

Final Fantasy comes to mind. SIGH... I loved the first 10, and ever since then I have not liked a single one. I keep hoping they go back tp their roots. I sure hope that Elder Scrolls doesnt sell out in the same way.

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 waflerevolution

yes, I really hope they use classes... Dual Wielding would have been fine if it worked right... but it doesn't... you should at least be able to choose how you hold the weapons... and it's so inacuate and slow... even with knives... the crafting system and the hearthfire add on are what I was refferring to... even the level system to a point... all feel very much like an MMO... even the way the quest log is layed out does...

you know what I'd like to see return? the King's Field series. that'd force the ES series to try harder.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 WitIsWisdom

That would be awesome... As I said before and I'm sure I will say many more times. When a company (no matter its size or impact) has no DIRECT competition, they lay "dormant" in a way, almost as if they are purposely holding back there best content until that day arrives. Money is the root of this... they know the game will sell based off of previous installments whether the game is top notch or not. Cuting all those corners really lowers the cost of production, and at the expense of the consumers.

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 waflerevolution
just look at World of Warcraft's new Kung Fu Panda add on... slighly racist, totally unorigional...  lazy.
jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#130 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

wow no one has posted in this for awhile. i dont think this should be a stickied thread anymore lol.

been playing sleeping dogs & borderlands 2. everyone says that they were disapointed in sleeping dogs, but i personally like it. borderlands 2 is great except the guns. they all feel like re skinned ww2 guns like the m1 garand and b.a.r from brothers in arms series

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 waflerevolution
I didn't get into BL2 like I did the first... I kept dying too frequently and lost interest...
jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 jsmoke03
its seriously much better when playing co op.
jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 jsmoke03

I didn't get into BL2 like I did the first... I kept dying too frequently and lost interest...waflerevolution

its way better coop but yea i think that the guns is the main reason why it isnt good

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 waflerevolution

[QUOTE="waflerevolution"]I didn't get into BL2 like I did the first... I kept dying too frequently and lost interest...jsmoke03

its way better coop but yea i think that the guns is the main reason why it isnt good

I'm sure it is better in co-op, I just don't have any friends willing to starta new character just to play with me... at least none with a gold account.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 jsmoke03
[QUOTE="jsmoke03"]

[QUOTE="waflerevolution"]I didn't get into BL2 like I did the first... I kept dying too frequently and lost interest...waflerevolution

I'm sure it is better in co-op, I just don't have any friends willing to starta new character just to play with me... at least none with a gold account.

lol you get it for ps3 and ill be more than happy to coopÂ