WTF is with the E3 live events?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Spire88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 Spire88
Member since 2006 • 4502 Posts

(since there is no "official E3 2012 forum to go to for this i might as well put it here)

seriously what the **** gamespot, all the press conferences that have been out has been laggy as he11. i mean i know you guys suck at live events like this but this has been the WORST E3 coverage that gamespot has even done AND THIS IS DAY ONE!!!!!! i fear how ef-ed up tomorrow will be with 4 live events streaming at once.

why is the feed fo fing laggy? is is because you added that stupid live coment thing? if how the heck do i disable it? the old comment system was better it didnt lag everything up.

anyway could you please find a way to fix all the MASSIVE lag in your live events before you start your live stage show AND the live cam tour 1 AND live cam tour 2 AND the bonus show?

thank you.

p.s. it was really hard to censor myself like i did.

RE4WiiGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 RE4WiiGirl
Member since 2007 • 1144 Posts

I agree! The Microsoft one was fine for me, but the Sony one lagged so bad!! Might have something to do with the chatbox refreshing every second...?
If the Nintendo feed is the same I will be very, VERY pissed off! I dont wait an entire year to watch a lagging feed.
Please fix this guys...

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 The-Apostle
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts
Seriously. I turned to G4tv.com for Sony's.
GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 GamerwillzPS
Member since 2012 • 8531 Posts

Yeah, it was VERY laggy!

I switched to PlayStation Blog, it was perfect.

I won't be on GameSpot for E3 live shows next time.

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 The-Apostle
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts

Yeah, it was VERY laggy!

I switched to PlayStation Blog, it was perfect.

I won't be on GameSpot for E3 live shows next time.

GamerwillzPS
I'll log in for the emblems but I'll watch elsewhere.
Spire88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Spire88
why cant they just turn off or disable the comments untill AFTER?
berto64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 berto64
Member since 2010 • 12690 Posts

i "like" how any of the mods or admin got seeing this thread.... but i agree i cant even see the live streams properly :/

res0i39c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 res0i39c
Member since 2007 • 2007 Posts

I only had a problem with the sony event. I hope the hole event is not like that.

dab198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#11 dab198
Member since 2003 • 3934 Posts
why cant they just turn off or disable the comments untill AFTER?Spire88
Because it's supposed to be the replacement for the chatroom (not a decision I'm fond of). It can't replace it if they just switch it off.
RobotOpBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -3

#12 RobotOpBuddy  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 65506 Posts
[QUOTE="Spire88"]why cant they just turn off or disable the comments untill AFTER?dab198
Because it's supposed to be the replacement for the chatroom (not a decision I'm fond of). It can't replace it if they just switch it off.

It really does need a hide option though - they cause a ridiculous amount of graphics lag on the page when so many comments are being made at once..not to mention it's impossible to follow the chat most the time anyway due to the sheer amount of people. Personally I just blocked the livefyre div on e3 pages, and everything has been playing quite smoothly since.
Spire88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Spire88

[QUOTE="dab198"][QUOTE="Spire88"]why cant they just turn off or disable the comments untill AFTER?robbristow

It really does need a hide option though - they cause a ridiculous amount of graphics lag on the page when so many comments are being made at once..not to mention it's impossible to follow the chat most the time anyway due to the sheer amount of people. Personally I just blocked the livefyre div on e3 pages, and everything has been playing quite smoothly since.

YES hide it, than people can have the option to chat or not. because all i am getting is 6 frames per MINUTE, than my computer freezes and restarts on its own and it makes me want to smash the thing with the hammer.....god i hope the stage shows and live cams go better.

RobotOpBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -3

#14 RobotOpBuddy  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 65506 Posts

YES hide it, than people can have the option to chat or not. because all i am getting is 6 frames per MINUTE, than my computer freezes and restarts on its own and it makes me want to smash the thing with the hammer.....god i hope the stage shows and live cams go better.

Spire88
Just use full screen mode for now..it effectively hides the comments and in turn removes the graphics lag, at least until you close the full screen.