This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for LivingDeadNinja
LivingDeadNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 LivingDeadNinja
Member since 2003 • 8110 Posts

I got a new PC last week and i have a 19" 16X9 monitor. Most websites stretch so i view them in widescreen. But some don't, like Gamespot. Is there a way or option to display the site (and all other websites for that matter) in widescreen? Because the viewing area is ridiculously small...

Also when watching videos like Button Mashing/On the Spot can i get a bigger window that shows the video? Because again it's way too small!

Thanks!

LivingDeadNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 LivingDeadNinja
Oh that sucks. I just tried 1024X768 and it looks downright ugly. So i set it back at 1440X900. But sadly GS site only uses about half of my screen vertically that way...
About the video size. I mean the actual video, not the Gamespot window in which the actual video plays. And i am a Total Access subscriber.
LivingDeadNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 LivingDeadNinja
So anyway to view these videos bigger whitout having them fullscreen with ugly quality?

Also i just downloaded the Download Manager and the Dirt demo. Then i deleted the demo but the .exe file that installs the demo remains on my Desktop and i can't delete it. I just got a new PC with Vista. I'm laways logged as Administrator and have all right and i check run as administrator for this but it still says i can't delete it/need permission. That sucks and i'd appreciate some help. Oh and i did re-install the demo and re-delete the program and the .exe icon still won't go...
CybertronR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 CybertronR
Member since 2004 • 218 Posts

I got a new PC last week and i have a 19" 16X9 monitor. Most websites stretch so i view them in widescreen. But some don't, like Gamespot. Is there a way or option to display the site (and all other websites for that matter) in widescreen? Because the viewing area is ridiculously small...

Also when watching videos like Button Mashing/On the Spot can i get a bigger window that shows the video? Because again it's way too small!

Thanks!

LivingDeadNinja
To view videos at *any* size, download them. :) With the new download manager it's super easy. I have a widescreen monitor at home and that's what I usually do. Even at work I like to download movies. If you download the HD version then you'll get a nice big movie to fill up your screen. As for viewing the site, you can install some FireFox plugins and disable the CSS. Then the all sites will be fullscreen (but really ugly).