Whats your take on the recent Survey?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MJ-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

Poll Whats your take on the recent Survey? (4 votes)

Satisfied 0%
Decent 0%
Dissapointed 100%

Today I got on GS as my usual routine of checking game sites latest trends and was greeted by an unusual survey.

While i was happy to take it, it was in no way accurate or related or even made sense for some of its content and a bit disappointing.

1. Asking about what you think of games that are barely covered by the site itself which is weird when u put it along the other well covered games.

2. Asking about the percentage of your free time that you spend playing games, I mean who even thinks about it? They asked how many hours a week is good and should be enough, asking you for percentage beats the purpose of a quick survey and starts to waste time by dumb questions already answered.

3. Rating games based on graphics and game play for titles that are NOT even released let alone have a fixed release date especially including the ones that are hardly covered.

4. Which games will i recommend to friends or family, again titles that are NOT even released let alone have a fixed release date or properly covered

5. Asking you about when you plan on getting consoles with 5-7 options and asking you about buying games not covered or even released 4 options.

Along with Many other things that didn't add up which reminded me a lot of the random POLL they did with the Game Titles (I'm Sure most of you remember it still where you see Zelda vs COD or Skyrim vs NFS; these are not accurate from that tournament but u get the idea of how it was)The survey strikes me as being oblivious of its own purpose, is it focused? or broad? i can't tell!!!

While i may understand GS has the right to ask anything in their surveys i did not expect it to be this amateur and brain scattered.

My disappointment is that i actually thought they would put up a survey that asks us about their performance and methods of covering articles more like a QC based on the feedback of readers and how that some of the authors have too much freedom to post junk on a gaming site (you know who I'm talking about) along with double or even triple posting the same article just broken down into separate topics for the sake of more click and more visits.

Please let me know what you think and feel free to criticize if needed, every1 has an opinion so please sound it and sorry for the wall of text :P

Wish you all Happy Gaming and fun with your friends, family and loved ones, peace out.

• 
The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#1 The-Apostle
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts

Why would they put up a survey asking us what we think of the site? They just KNOW our answers would be mostly that it's poorly run anyway... >_>

dab198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#2 dab198
Member since 2003 • 3934 Posts

@The-Apostle said:

Why would they put up a survey asking us what we think of the site? They just KNOW our answers would be mostly that it's poorly run anyway... >_>

Funny thing - the survey I was asked last week was indeed about what I thought of the site and its design.