This topic is locked from further discussion.

jerryklu2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#1 jerryklu2003
Member since 2012 • 66 Posts

There's a certain area on the web page that will become a homepage link. This area about the gamespot logo wide and it's height across all web page. I found this problem because every time I try to skip a few seconds of a video with the time bar, the website turns to gamespot homepage. The problem become a little bit annoying when I tried to post my account image since the "select image" is covered by this spread. However, I notice that this area is gone when I'm browsing with FireFox and IE. Does it has something to do with my Chrome setting? Thanks for your time.

RobotOpBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: -3

#2 RobotOpBuddy  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 65506 Posts

If I understand correctly the gamespot logo at the top is affecting the entire height of the page, as if stretched vertically? Doesn't happen to me in chrome - which OS?

Try disabling all your add-ons and seeing if it still happens - if not then it'll be an add-on causing it, which seems the most likely scenario without further information.

Other than that, have you disabled any browser features in particular? Most notably javascript (due to it's extensive use, including in the masthead itself) and hardware acceleration (mainly causes html5 feature issues but occasionally has other odd effects too - worth checking briefly if everything else fails) can cause issues when disabled sometimes.