We need a "The Only Religion Thread"

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ghost_909

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ghost_909
Member since 2005 • 1880 Posts
Gamespot's off-topic forum gets flooded everyday with religious bafoons who decide to evangelize or debate on matters that will never be solved because it comes down to personal opinion. I am also a member to Ultimate Guitar and their off-topic section has a topic called The Only Religion Thread. This thread cuts down on a lot of redundant religious topics. Could you guys at least think of doing this?

Thanks
Avatar image for DeeJayInphinity
DeeJayInphinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 DeeJayInphinity
Member since 2004 • 13415 Posts
It should just get its own board already, right under off-topic. A stickied thread wont work IMO.
ghost_909

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ghost_909
Member since 2005 • 1880 Posts
It should just get its own board already, right under off-topic. A stickied thread wont work IMO.DeeJayInphinity
It could work if religious threads are automatically deleted as if in the wrong section. Try looking at www.ultimate-guitar.com, they have separate topics in the off-topic section for religion, relationships etc. and it seems to be working.
LTomlinson21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#5 LTomlinson21
Member since 2004 • 24423 Posts
It's probably best if you just find a union to talk about that subject. There are some dedicated to that.
spazzx625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#6 spazzx625
Member since 2004 • 43433 Posts
There are way too many tangents to religion that one sticky couldn't possibly hold. I agree the amount of threads that pop up is annoying, but a sticky wouldn't solve much.
fastesttruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 fastesttruck
Member since 2005 • 25353 Posts
There are way too many tangents to religion that one sticky couldn't possibly hold. I agree the amount of threads that pop up is annoying, but a sticky wouldn't solve much.spazzx625
I dont think it would hurt to give it a try. It takes only a few mins to make one and could save some of the mess over there.
Avatar image for DeeJayInphinity
DeeJayInphinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 DeeJayInphinity
Member since 2004 • 13415 Posts
[QUOTE="spazzx625"]There are way too many tangents to religion that one sticky couldn't possibly hold. I agree the amount of threads that pop up is annoying, but a sticky wouldn't solve much.fastesttruck
I dont think it would hurt to give it a try. It takes only a few mins to make one and could save some of the mess over there.

Nah, I honestly don't think it will work. It will just get too large and crazy. I think a religion board would work much better. I'm assuming there will be quite a lot of flamming, so Gamespot might not have the manpower to host one right now. I don't know exactly how many mods there are.
spazzx625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#9 spazzx625
Member since 2004 • 43433 Posts
I would be adamently against an official religion board, if it ever came to that. Not only is it totally innappropriate for a video game site, but it's something that is far too touchy a subject to really go anywhere. UCBs/unions are one thing, but an official board is not something I would welcome. Even the threads in OT diverge into flame sessions more often than not.
Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Dracula68
Member since 2002 • 33109 Posts
Religion and Politics seem to be real touchy and never a good idea for specific boards just for them.
fastesttruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 fastesttruck
Member since 2005 • 25353 Posts
Last I knew there were about 50 Mods and well over 150 Admins. But not all of the Admins are for GS.
EJ902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 EJ902
Member since 2005 • 14338 Posts
There are far too many different religion related arguments in OT alone to be kept in one sticky in my opinion. Each point would get buried under other points and people would start making individual topics again (that's probably what would happen). An individual forum for debates in general might solve it, but debates often turn into flamewars and that might not be a good idea either.
_Sam_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 _Sam_
Member since 2003 • 31483 Posts
there are UCBs and unions for this
Viennoiserie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Viennoiserie
Member since 2007 • 2205 Posts
there are UCBs and unions for this_Sam_
One solution would be for GS to direct the users who want to discuss on politics and religion to specific unions, a bit like they did with the Welcome Newbies board.
earthking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#15 earthking
Member since 2003 • 12506 Posts
Religion and Politics seem to be real touchy and never a good idea for specific boards just for them.Dracula68
I agree...Most of them could end up being flame wars (and we don't need another system wars like board)...:?.
Tanpreet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Tanpreet
Member since 2004 • 356 Posts
Gamespot's off-topic forum gets flooded everyday with religious bafoons who decide to evangelize or debate on matters that will never be solved because it comes down to personal opinion. I am also a member to Ultimate Guitar and their off-topic section has a topic called The Only Religion Thread. This thread cuts down on a lot of redundant religious topics. Could you guys at least think of doing this?

Thanks
ghost_909
religion and gaming shouldnt mix imho