Videos on gamespot site not showing

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Caprica23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Caprica23
Member since 2008 • 98 Posts

I cannot load any videos on the website. The circle icon which shows the video loading just goes three fourths of the way and then stops. I cleared my cache and updated my adobe software, so I do not know why this loading problem is happening. Firefox is updated too. Please help.

gmax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 gmax  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 6865 Posts
It's probably ad blocking of some kind, but it could also be Flash security settings. See also this discussion.

Caprica23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Caprica23

I looked at the other discussion and looked up that blocked thing that the other guy mentioned that everybody made an exception for. Except for my instance, nothing of the sort was in my blocked list. So in essence I could not allow/make an exception for it.

Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Dracula68
Member since 2002 • 33109 Posts

I looked at the other discussion and looked up that blocked thing that the other guy mentioned that everybody made an exception for. Except for my instance, nothing of the sort was in my blocked list. So in essence I could not allow/make an exception for it.

Caprica23
Try just disabling it then.
millbro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 millbro
Member since 2003 • 151 Posts

Same here, just loads to 3/4ths the circle bar and stops.. What is weird i was working a few weeks ago..

Brendissimo35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 1

#6 Brendissimo35
Member since 2005 • 1934 Posts

same for me, loads 3/4s of the way and stops, just started recently, and sometimes it works fine...

Pomogi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Pomogi
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

I have the exact same problem. :/

I'm using Adblock, but I'm not blocking any videos...

Caprica23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Caprica23

It worked for me. Go on the exact page where the video you want to watch is, and then hit Ctrl+Shift+V, and it will show everything that is blocked for that 'specific' page. The reason why you didn't see the code was probably because you weren't on the page the video was on, so the coding wasn't there. But on the video page your on, you will see this code....

http://vidtech.cbsinteractive.com/plugins/adp/2_3_0/CBSI_AdPlugin.swf

Allow it to be shown. Refresh the page and everything should be peachy after. =]

Pomogi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Pomogi
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

It worked for me. Go on the exact page where the video you want to watch is, and then hit Ctrl+Shift+V, and it will show everything that is blocked for that 'specific' page. The reason why you didn't see the code was probably because you weren't on the page the video was on, so the coding wasn't there. But on the video page your on, you will see this code....

http://vidtech.cbsinteractive.com/plugins/adp/2_3_0/CBSI_AdPlugin.swf

Allow it to be shown. Refresh the page and everything should be peachy after. =]

Caprica23

Ah, thanks. :)

Still, it's a bit weird, I've never had this problem until a couple of days ago. Did Gamespot or Adblock update anything recently?