Video Uploading Error - Techno-Speak is Confusing Me

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Zaps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Zaps
Member since 2003 • 1587 Posts
Hey, earlier I tried to upload a gameplay video, but when it finished uploading, there was the following error:

"Your video was not encoded because our video processor was unable to read the picture data. Try encoding in a different format and uploading again."

I tried searching the forums for an answer to my question, but to no avail. Simply put, I don't have much of an idea what this means. In the past, I've uploaded WMV files successfully, and have followed the same procedure to uploading this latest one. So, I'm pretty clueless as to where I'm going wrong. There were no problems uploading to YouTube (apart from some annoying syncing issues).

(Not sure if this will help or not, but the video is here. Unfortunately, I don't have server access, so you're going to have to make do with a file-sharing site. File is around 8-9 megabytes)

EDIT: Actually, scrap that. By converting my video files into a different format other than WMV (as suggested by -Tish-), I managed to upload my videos successfully.