video playing problem?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Maj_Wood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Maj_Wood
Member since 2005 • 288 Posts

I've got a problem with video playing on GS it either doesn't appear at all or its a non responsive black box can someone help, and I know its limited to this pc but I've made no changes to my net settings or updates to IE I was able to get it working for a while when I disabled and re-enabled adobe flash player

Any help plz?

Riprock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Riprock
Member since 2003 • 191 Posts

I have run into the same problem. When I try to launch a video (i.e., Who Did a Better Destiny Voiceover? or Fallout 4 History) either [1] nothing happens, or [2] and it indicates "First a word from our sponsors..." at the bottom, then nothing. The ad does not run and the main video never gets loaded. Something is broken. It happens on both my very new PC (Intel quadcore desktop running Windows 8.1) and my notebook (Dell Inspirion 15 running Windows 8.1). Shouldn't make any difference, but I am located outside Vancouver, Canada. Occasionally, a video will play, but I haven't done anything differently - seems completely random to me (except maybe it's not trying to play an ad). So, maybe the queued ad is the problem - don't know. In any case, I don't like the changes you've made to your website (dropping features, etc.) and how things no longer work. It's frustrating. Please fix these problems. Thank-you.

Riprock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Riprock
Member since 2003 • 191 Posts

I am beginning to think it is specific ads. Microsoft had this problem with some of their products (i.e., Sudoku and the Solitaire Collection). They had to disable all advertising altogether until they figured it out. This was only a few months ago. The same thing appears to be happening here. A specific ad just won't load properly and halts or crashes the player. Because... sometimes the ad will play fine and voila I can view the video. Other times the ad never plays and all I get is a blank screen. And if there is no ad, such as playing through a Facebook link, it works just fine. My guess is certain ads are being problematic, while others are fine. Either that or there's some difference in how the ads get transmitted (and one of the ways doesn't work consistently). So GameSpot troubleshooters, I hope I have given you enough information for you to chase this thing down and fix the darn thing. Thanks.

Maj_Wood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Maj_Wood
Member since 2005 • 288 Posts

A temp work around I've found is to use I.E's "in privet browsing"