Uploading videos times out in multiple browsers

This topic is locked from further discussion.

StraiN-ShifTeD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 StraiN-ShifTeD
Member since 2004 • 574 Posts

I tried uploading a simple 2MB .AVI file via multiple browsers, all timed out after a few percentage of uploading. This happens in Internet Explorer 8, Firefox 3.6.3 and Google Chrome v5.0.396.0.

Friends of mine tried to upload the same file on their PCs, didn't work either.. something wrong with the GameSpot servers?

Daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#2 Daavpuke
Member since 2009 • 13771 Posts
I had the same problem, my friend, but I received message it's getting checked out and possibly reinforced.
gmax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 gmax  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 6865 Posts
Are you guys still having this issue? For reference, I just uploaded a small video (.mov, ~5.7MB, 17 seconds) and it worked fine. The processing was even done in less than about 3 minutes or so. Most of the video problems I've seen reported recently had to do with files that were too large (over 100MB), and I think there was a report that was most likely a codec problem. Do you happen to know what codecs were used to create your files? I've never seen an inventory of the exact codecs the video upload mechanism will process successfully, so it's a bit of a guessing game on the user's end, but if they are missing codecs they really aught to have then maybe there is a way they can add them if they just know what they are. That's pure speculation on my part though; as I say, I don't know how that works at all. Be sure to check out Jody's post over here, just in case it applies.

Daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#4 Daavpuke
Member since 2009 • 13771 Posts
It comes and goes. And all my uploads are always within size requirements. I shouldn't be missing any codecs. Though I also have no idea which are used.
StraiN-ShifTeD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 StraiN-ShifTeD
Member since 2004 • 574 Posts

Working fine for me now! :) Whatever you guys did, thanks for fixing it. :D

EDIT:

Okay I was too early, it doesn't work.. :(

Azghouls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 314

#6 Azghouls
Member since 2006 • 815 Posts

I'm getting an error as well. My filesize is 94MB and it's a mpg. It seems that I lost the connection to the server after a couple of minutes or so. If you need examples tell me what you need. Thanks.

gmax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 gmax  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 6865 Posts

I'm getting an error as well. My filesize is 94MB and it's a mpg. It seems that I lost the connection to the server after a couple of minutes or so. If you need examples tell me what you need. Thanks.

Azghouls
Hmm... Interesting. That might be a straight up network/ISP issue. Do you have any wireless links in your network? What happens when you try to upload a 5MB or 10MB video? How well do things go when you try to upload a 90+MB file to another web server?

Azghouls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Azghouls

@gmax

I tried it again this morning (I'm in Australia) andnow it works yet I can see small changes in my profile (seeing more emblems). Maybe I was uploading during these changes.

:)

JodyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 JodyR
Member since 2005 • 16454 Posts
Yeah, the issue for this is being checked into. I was told there was a fix coming soon that might help with many of the problems. If I find out more info I'll share it.
Azghouls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Azghouls

@JodyR @gmax

Yep, I saw the other threat just a sec ago. Thanks guys yet I reckon it should be fine now. Before at times I couldn't go past part two (the one where you need to select the file to upload). I've done a quick check just recently and yeah part two is there.