This topic is locked from further discussion.

kcpp2b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 kcpp2b
Member since 2006 • 12498 Posts

I posted in the Ask the Mods forum and as soon as they answer the thread is locked.

Imean it's crazy cause everyone most likely will have a follow up question or something. I did but it was locked.

I mean I see a problem with this for two reasons.

1) The mods aren't Gods or perfect beings who do not make mistakes so maybe if they missed something and they lock it the person doesn't get the chance to correct them or whatever etc...

2) Sometimes people have followup questions about the issue like I did. 

----------------------------

Another thing I wanted to bring up. I have spent some time reading over a lot of Mod questions in that forum from people who have been modded and honestly I feel the Mods can be a bit too much. I mean at times really it feels like North Korea or something with all the things here and there they mod people for. And being that it is at their discreation means there is a lot of room for unfair interpetation which I am seeing a lot.

I mean I know it's a rule but one got modded for saying like"360 sucks" or whatever it was. While I don't agree with that comment why is someone not free to state their opinion on something even if it is vague and not explaining himself. I mean it's a free country with free speech. I know it was said in the thread that it was cause he didn't say why he thinks it sucks but honestly that is bad argument.  There are probably thousands of threads where people will say, oh I hated that game, or that character was terrible. Do they mod that too? I doubt it...

I mean modding should be mainly for things like racist comments, clear insults like "go kill yourself loser" is something that is a big no no but something like "you're crazy" or "silly lemmings" does that really need to be modded.

I'm sure it's easy to not care and let this go on but the point is you want feedback and well this kind of modding is ruining the enjoyment of posting here. I love posting here and I'm hooked but this kind of modding is just too weird to me and annoys me at times.

----------------------

You guys should also do an instigator rule cause so many blind fanboys make weird statements that are so insane it drives people to get angry but only the people who reply are modded. Why isn't the person who made an obvious "flamebait" post get the worst of the modding which is how it should be.

Anyways I hope you take my feedback and think it over. Thanks 

DirkVDV01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 DirkVDV01
Member since 2004 • 20155 Posts
I'm only going to reply on the last thing ("You guys should also do an instigator rule...") I did this myself a while ago, but the reason you get modded is simple: you reply and therefore you pour gasoline on the fire, you "feed the troll" this way. Best thing (and that was the mistake I made) is to ignore the thread and just file a report. Don't start answering, no matter how tempting it may be, since you will only make matters worse.
FreyarHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 FreyarHunter
Member since 2003 • 2098 Posts
If you feel that a change should be made to the way we do our jobs, then please contact customer service. From my personal point of view, I understand what you mean, however there are a LOT of people that are here, and a lot of people who can and do get offended at some of the lighter things. Part of the problem is that these types of things are repeated so much that if we didn't take action against things like "TCHBO" and the like, that's pretty much ALL there would be. Decent conversations, with people learning from one another is okay. However arguing with no basis, evidence, or real position other than what the popular opinion is... *sigh* It's frustrating to try and please everyone, but the bottom line is that the rules are pretty much posted. If you'd like a change, then you really need to see about contacting those that make the rules. Similar to the differences between the Legislative and Judicial branch, that's kind of what we have here. Moderators are the Judicial and all we can do is enforce those rules.
OhhSnap50893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#4 OhhSnap50893
Member since 2006 • 27110 Posts
Three words, Terms Of Use. You checked the box when you made your account, and are required to abide by them. As for closing threads in ATM, from what I've seen they usually leave it open for a few hours and if there's no response they close it. If you're asking why you got modded and it's a pretty straight-forward answer, chances are they'll lock it as soon as they've submitted their post. (And I've seen a few times when a mod/admin has said that it was a mistake, and that they'll mark it as such)
kcpp2b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 kcpp2b
Member since 2006 • 12498 Posts

Three words, Terms Of Use. You checked the box when you made your account, and are required to abide by them. As for closing threads in ATM, from what I've seen they usually leave it open for a few hours and if there's no response they close it. If you're asking why you got modded and it's a pretty straight-forward answer, chances are they'll lock it as soon as they've submitted their post. (And I've seen a few times when a mod/admin has said that it was a mistake, and that they'll mark it as such)OhhSnap50893

Nah two posts they locked within minutes of answerign it for me, never seen an hour happen ever. 

OhhSnap50893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#6 OhhSnap50893
Member since 2006 • 27110 Posts
Nowyou'veseenfour. ;) (At least as of 10:10 eastern time)
caddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 caddy
Member since 2005 • 28709 Posts

I mean it's a free country with free speech.

kcpp2b

Since GameSpot is a privately owned company, there are rules to follow which you agree upon when you create an account here. You obviously are allowed to express your opinion but any posts made have to follow the ToU set by GameSpot. If anybody breaks the rules, they are subject to moderation. Moderators do their job on the instructions of the GameSpot admin team. They know the ToU well and know what is and isn't allowed on the boards and they take the appropriate action.

As for the locks in the 'Ask the Mods' board, i believe they are locked as soon as the users question is answered. However, it depends on the situation. I have seen threads stay open for a while to allow the user to post a reply. I guess it depends on what the question is on. If some people have more questions on their issue but the thread has been locked, a nice PM to the moderator who answered you would probaly be the best thing to do since it is always best to be sure on something so as not to do it again.

_Sam_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 _Sam_
Member since 2003 • 31483 Posts
I'd like to add that if you still have a concern after your thread is locked, you can PM the mod who locked the thread for further help