Suggestions for All Games list

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Takatsume

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 Takatsume
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Some updates I would like to see on the All games list:

1. Ability to switch between the current tile mode and a list mode.

2. Ability to sort by various fields (Name, release date, platform etc.)

3. Ability to filter by Physical copy, digital download or DLC.

4. Game entries should be different per platform as the game is not identical across platforms

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2c9a407a3f2
deactivated-5b2c9a407a3f2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 deactivated-5b2c9a407a3f2
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts

I give my full support for this!

coight30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By coight30
Member since 2009 • 39 Posts

yes, this was one of the best things on the old site! Bring it back!

So good for when your looking for a new game!

Need to be able to filter by score

andruxandd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#4 andruxandd
Member since 2005 • 145 Posts

1. Ability to switch between the current tile mode and a list mode.

2. Ability to sort by various fields (Name, release date, platform etc.)

Yes, you are right!!! i posted a poll me too with this change!!!! So, we are many! Good job!!!

AnimeFreaks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 AnimeFreaks
Member since 2007 • 34 Posts

yes would really like the above listed to happen. its easier to use then the filters. also for the new release list there should be a field with the region the game is been released in and you can sort by it.

RobotOpBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -3

#6 RobotOpBuddy  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 65506 Posts

Might as well mention the release date bugs here seen as it's related - it only shows the US release dates (defaulting to 'December 31, 2098' on game pages (and 'Dec 31st' on the search page) if there isn't one), and only the earliest release date out of all the systems the game was released on, no matter how big the time gap. This results in the wrong dates being shown to users outside of the US, as well as to users looking for the release date of remakes (such as games remade for handhelds that were released on consoles long ago), and completely invalid dates being shown for games that were never released in the US.

New filters would be nice, as would the ability to sort the list shown by various things though. I'd love a list mode as well, as when I use the search feature (which admittedly isn't very often) I'm normally looking for a specific game that I can recognise by the title - there's little need for the box art, and the box art is viewable on the game pages anyway (as an aside - only 1 box art is shown now, many games used to have several for the various regions/releases, all of which were viewable, not sure why that was removed)

Bgrngod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#7 Bgrngod
Member since 2002 • 5766 Posts

So essentially "Go back to the old one, and enhance it a bit"

They went for years without doing a darn thing to make it better, and instead opted to demolish it. The chances they do anything to restore it, let alone enhance what we got now, are slim.

skeet1964

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#8 skeet1964
Member since 2005 • 55 Posts

I agree to the needed game lists enhancements stated above. In addition, could you add the my games "Following" area to the Stack, so it is all in one place? Weird that Stacks has everything but what I am "Following".

Also, in addition to the columns listed above, I have always wanted to see an "Interest" column where we could enter in numbers for the games we are most interested in. Like a 1 to 10 order, and then we could sort our games by which ones we are most interested in.

One last thing. What happened to "My Updates"? Is it still there somewhere, or is it coming back? I always went there to check news on the games I am following, but now it seems to have disappeared.

Overall, the new site is slowly growing on me. First, didn't like, but I'm giving it some time and it is slowly getting my approval. Thanks for adding the "Dark" option back. And as of this writing, the site does seem a little faster now. Was agonizingly slow at first, but seems like that just now has improved.

Keep up the good work!

beutlich99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

#9 beutlich99
Member since 2006 • 1129 Posts

#1 and 2 for sure.

Takatsume

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10  Edited By Takatsume
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

@Bgrngod: Nah, I am sure the new site will be fine, I just think that even if they don't implement them it can't hurt to ask for features that I would like to see added/returned.

stylyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 5

#11 stylyy
Member since 2013 • 143 Posts

Put in the grid switcher, you can advanced search through the filter pod on the right hand side.

We're making some changes to the game object and should be able to search by those other filters soon.

Bgrngod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Bgrngod

@stylyy said:

Put in the grid switcher, you can advanced search through the filter pod on the right hand side.

We're making some changes to the game object and should be able to search by those other filters soon.

What is a grid switcher and how do I put it in? Are you providing instructions for users here? Is the filter pod available only after the grid switcher thing is in?

stylyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By stylyy

@Bgrngod: haha, no, i'm saying I pushed the code for the grid switcher. This little guy in the upper right.

And the advanced search is this pod,

Bgrngod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Bgrngod

@stylyy: I'm looking at my "Games I Want" stack and I don't see either of those available. Am I missing it somewhere?

stylyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By stylyy

@Bgrngod: My bad, thought you were talking about /new-games/

As for what you mentioned, we are looking into adding back a lot of core functionality back into your stacks/collections. I do not have a time frame, but I can ensure you that we're aware of lost functionality and doing our best to get it back to you all as soon as possible.

Zenwork21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#16  Edited By Zenwork21
Member since 2006 • 194 Posts

You do not know but people that designed windows 8 were hired to create this great masterpiece.. maybe we need to wait GS-SP3

However I do have hope that at least the stacks will be improved and all the functionality brought back

Fingers crossed maybe is not their priority right now.

Zenwork21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#17 Zenwork21
Member since 2006 • 194 Posts

@stylyy: Thank you for your comments about the Staks/Collection, I have spent so much time to build my collection and it was my favorite part of the site.. the way it is now is basically useless ;-(