Subscribing to Gamespot

This topic is locked from further discussion.

emeraldqueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 68

User Lists: 0

#1 emeraldqueen
Member since 2005 • 237 Posts
Hello, I am looking forward to upgrade my account from reglular to PLUS. But I keep getting an ERROR on step2. Can someone help me? An error occured while processing your registration. soapenv:Server.invalidSession: invalid session
JasonGriffee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 JasonGriffee
Member since 2011 • 194 Posts

Try logging-out, clear your internet temp files, and log back in. Then go through the process again. Tell us what happens.

btw, i recomend TA to plus. the HD videos you get with plus will take forever to download if you don't have the speed of TA.

emeraldqueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 emeraldqueen
OMG I did everything you said I still get the same error :( An error occured while processing your registration. soapenv:Server.invalidSession: invalid session What am I doing wrong?
JasonGriffee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 JasonGriffee

Have you ever been a GameSpot paid subscriber? On this acount or otherwise? If you are still a paid member, you have to wait untill your current membership expires.

If that does not apply, then I recommend contacting customer support via e-mail. Tell them that the tech support board got you no-where.

gmax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 gmax  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 6865 Posts
The "soapenv" error seems to come and go. Sometimes users are able to get by it by switching browsers, clearing their browser's cache and cookies, or just waiting and trying it again at another time. I wouldn't be surprised if it's the result of something crashing behind the scenes that has to be restarted. If all that fails, Customer Support is the last resort. They always have a backlog though, so give the other remedies a shot first.

emeraldqueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 emeraldqueen
Ok I'll try your suggestions...maybe is becasue I am using Explorer? I never been a plus member or higher.
JasonGriffee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 JasonGriffee

Could be, but I don't like IE, so that may be biased. Try in FireFox or Chome, just to check for browser issues.

gmax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 gmax  Moderator
Although I suspect the soapenv issue may affect a certain browser or set of browsers I've never been able to nail down what that set is. That being the case, the "try other browsers" suggestion is a bit of a shotgun approach, but the impression is that sometimes it has paid off. Another somewhat counterintuitive possibility might be to try some slightly older browsers, since browser versions might also be a dimension of the issue.

emeraldqueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 emeraldqueen
Hi guys, mission accomplished. I've downloaded Mozilla Firefox and I could finally subscribe PLUS yayyyy.... Now another problem solved was that I was missing one of the achievement from E3 and boom is there, I can see it with Firefox. I remember when I started using this site I used to browse with Mozilla Firefox in my old computer, but I have a new one and I been just using Explorer all the time. However I was thinking of using Mozilla again cause the screen freezes from time to time with IE while I am browsing. It feel much better now to be back with Mozilla :) Now I wonder, now that you guys have help me an even though I think this is related to all the this glitches I been experiencing here... I lost a few site GameSpot achievements from the past, the only prove I guess I have is my blog that I comment about them. Just I want to know your opinion...thanks in advance you guys are great!!!
gmax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 gmax  Moderator
There's a separate thread for asking about missing emblems, but looking over your blogs I didn't see any mention of emblems you don't currently have. If you decide to ask about them in the missing emblems thread, you'd have to say specifically which emblems you think you are missing. Chances are that there isn't much that could be done without some other record of you qualifying for the emblem.

emeraldqueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 emeraldqueen
ok thanks...