Subscriber gaming discount

This topic is locked from further discussion.

anividguru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 anividguru
Member since 2002 • 95 Posts

I'm assuming that the EB Games discount for Gamespot Total Access subscribers has been discontinued.  I'm not sure why, but I speculate it is because of that company's merger with Gamestop.  Thus, I propose that this discount be brought back somehow.  It was a great idea and certainly was a good incentive to subscribe to Total Access (though there are plenty of other good incentives to subscribe too).  Thoughts?

Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Dracula68
Member since 2002 • 33109 Posts

I'm assuming that the EB Games discount for Gamespot Total Access subscribers has been discontinued. I'm not sure why, but I speculate it is because of that company's merger with Gamestop. Thus, I propose that this discount be brought back somehow. It was a great idea and certainly was a good incentive to subscribe to Total Access (though there are plenty of other good incentives to subscribe too). Thoughts?

anividguru

It was discontinued when Best Buy took over for EBgames on the site. That was about a year and 4 months ago.

Ryo_Kensen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#3 Ryo_Kensen
Member since 2005 • 3480 Posts
GameSpot needs to partner with GameStop, I don't like buying games at Best Buy. I've only bought games there twice my whole life. Gamestop though I've bought near a hundred.
Davidhye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Davidhye
Member since 2005 • 12018 Posts
man, Gamespot should do something more for subscribers. Seriously, 10kb/s faster downloads and ability to have a nickname of other color, and video size unlimitation is not really worth it. They should do something that will make people want to subscribe.
meischris39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#5 meischris39
Member since 2004 • 5432 Posts

man, Gamespot should do something more for subscribers. Seriously, 10kb/s faster downloads and ability to have a nickname of other color, and video size unlimitation is not really worth it. They should do something that will make people want to subscribe.Davidhye

I do agree i wish GS would do something with play.com because most of their stock is discounted anyway great value. 

icytower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 icytower
Member since 2005 • 10643 Posts

I became a TA member right before the EB thing got discountinued and that royally annoyed me as that was one of the major reasons I got it.

Seeing as Best Buy has a rather decent affiliation with the site now I would like to see some kind of discount deal worked out with them in the near future.

I thought I heard that something was being worked on a while back with some company, but that was all I heard and I have heard nothing regarding it for months.

GS admins that read this: My TA membership is up for renewel towards the end of May and due to this I am sure if I am renewing or not. This is defintely something that should be addressed for TA members in the very near future!

LTomlinson21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#7 LTomlinson21
Member since 2004 • 24423 Posts
They claimed they were working on a new one early last year, but that obviously didn't happen.
phantomtech85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 phantomtech85
Member since 2004 • 6686 Posts
If not gaming discounts, what about more magazine subscription options for new Total Access members or existing ones? Like Game Informer, OPM or EGM. But then again, I guess that's what Gamespot is for if you enjoy reading reviews and articles...in addition to videos also.
Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Dracula68

Like Game Informer, OPM or EGM. phantomtech85

OPM RIP already! 

phantomtech85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 phantomtech85
Member since 2004 • 6686 Posts

[QUOTE="phantomtech85"] Like Game Informer, OPM or EGM. Dracula68

OPM RIP already!

Oh yeah, I forgot about that...my mistake.
SgtSilock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 SgtSilock
Member since 2005 • 3167 Posts
Gamespot UK Should i work with Play.com for sure!
double_decker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12 double_decker
Member since 2006 • 146090 Posts
Is there a discount at Best Buy then since they took over for EBGames? If not then maybe they should offer one through there since they are getting the advertising through GameSpot. Although I imagine there is alot of legal stuff there to work through as well. But discounted games are always nice, some gamers would get more than their money back from the discount for paying to get total access. But either way I will buy games, but if there was a discount at Best Buy I would change from GameStop to Best Buy to get the discount.:)
icytower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 icytower

Is there a discount at Best Buy then since they took over for EBGames? If not then maybe they should offer one through there since they are getting the advertising through GameSpot. Although I imagine there is alot of legal stuff there to work through as well. But discounted games are always nice, some gamers would get more than their money back from the discount for paying to get total access. But either way I will buy games, but if there was a discount at Best Buy I would change from GameStop to Best Buy to get the discount.:)double_decker

Best Buy would be the logical retailer to get the discount from seeing as they are the big advertiser now. I myself shop at Best Buy A LOT for my gamming needs and would love them to be the new discount partner with GS for TA members.

Seeing as there was a rumor sometime last year about a deal being worked on I would LOVE to hear somethign from a GS admin on this subject, as would others I have to imagine.

Sandlynx9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 Sandlynx9
Member since 2003 • 482 Posts
I was never even aware that there had been a discount at EBgames. I jumped on board as a subscriber too late for that I suppose. I'm all for the idea though... hopefully it is something thats feasible. It never hurts to get a bonus as a subscriber.
Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Dracula68

Best Buy would be the logical retailer to get the discount from seeing as they are the big advertiser now. I myself shop at Best Buy A LOT for my gamming needs and would love them to be the new discount partner with GS for TA members.

Seeing as there was a rumor sometime last year about a deal being worked on I would LOVE to hear somethign from a GS admin on this subject, as would others I have to imagine.

icytower38

I tried to get an answer last January(2006)because I shop there a lot myself and I guess nothing came of it.

Ryo_Kensen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#16 Ryo_Kensen
Member since 2005 • 3480 Posts
I wouldn't mind having a Best Buy discount, it'd be nice to have prices cut from Computer parts. I've been wanting a new graphics card. ;)
icytower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 icytower

I just thought I would add something for GS to see:

I originally upgraded to TA membership mainly for the EB dicount, unfortunetly I did about a week before it got discntinued if memory serves me correctly. Loosing that chance and not having a new deal yet, 1.5 to 2 years as I can not remember when it was removed, is really annoying and making me consider not renewing this time around. That was the biggest plus in being a TA subscriber and now it is no more and would appear to not be comming back anytime soon.

IMHO, GameSpot NEEDS to get some kind of retail store discount back for its Total Access members.

I tried to get an answer last January(2006)because I shop there a lot myself and I guess nothing came of it.Dracula68

I do believe that was about the time I heard the rumor ciculating.