Streamlining tracking users

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ihatebugers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1 ihatebugers
Member since 2006 • 1541 Posts
One thing that has always irked me is that to track a new person I have to go into their profile, thus leaving the boards, to track a user. What I'd like to see is a button, maybe below the name, level and avatar space to track the user, and pop open a new window, similar to how it works when tracking a new game.
Keep up the great work guys!
bansheerpg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#2 bansheerpg
Member since 2006 • 3352 Posts
One thing that has always irked me is that to track a new person I have to go into their profile, thus leaving the boards, to track a user. What I'd like to see is a button, maybe below the name, level and avatar space to track the user, and pop open a new window, similar to how it works when tracking a new game.
ihatebugers

This is actually one of the greatest enhancement idea I ever saw. I hope an admin sees this and adds it to the site.
tyployt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3 tyployt
Member since 2004 • 3545 Posts
I don't know about this. There would be a lot of people randomly going around the boards, tracking everyone in sight.
rohver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 rohver
Member since 2005 • 11848 Posts
I dont think its a good idea. We already have enough info under the username. Adding more would look messy.
HydraX7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 HydraX7
Member since 2006 • 14821 Posts
I dont think its a good idea. We already have enough info under the username. Adding more would look messy. rohver
yeah i agree.
ihatebugers
after u track th person, u can always click the back button to go back to the forums.
jakeboudville

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 jakeboudville
Member since 2004 • 90576 Posts
I have to agree with rohver. With the online now and post count, It would look kinda untidy with it there
_Sam_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 _Sam_
Member since 2003 • 31483 Posts
the filmspot forums have this, and I don't like the look of it. it will also encourage random tracking. it's just one click of the mouse to go to the user's profile, and another to track them ;)
rta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 rta
Member since 2003 • 388 Posts
Use firefox or IE7 and open the profile in a new tab.
Darkside5675

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#9 Darkside5675
Member since 2007 • 1041 Posts
Just a [+] next to the Online Now icon wouldn't add much at all. If they aren't online, it could be next to their level. Also, it would be nice if the page I was currently viewing would stop refreshing when I add someone. Or better yet, don't even have a pop-up. Do it the way Filmspot does.
tmac200913

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 tmac200913
Member since 2006 • 16647 Posts

I dont think its a good idea. We already have enough info under the username. Adding more would look messy. rohver

yea it would look kinnda messy..