SOAPBOX editorials - have I missed my chance?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

digi_matrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1 digi_matrix
Member since 2004 • 6600 Posts
Hope this is the right place to ask about features. Since this is the weekend (currently), is it safe to assume none of the Gamespot staff are working on putting editorials up for Soapbox? Am I right in guessing that the Soapbox feature is updated only on weekdays?
My only concern is a blog post I made as an editorial, might not be featured (or other peoples' won't be), because the weekend is the "Dead Zone" and no one's actively doing this feature. I'm scared, 'cause I don't want to keep on editing my blog post or deleting it and posting it again on Monday and think only on that day, will editorials be looked on to put up for Soapbox. Thanks for listening.

If I deleted my editorial and posted it up again, would I be moderated for trying to annoy people? I really want to be featured, and NeonNinja also deserves to be. It's not fair that editorials during the weekend are ignored. Or are they? :?
caddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 caddy
Member since 2005 • 28709 Posts
I think it is done whenever an admin carries out the task however, as i understand it, since GregK left, no new blogs have been entered. Only editorials from members who have already had themselves featured are getting entered at the moment. I could of just picked up wrong information. Anyway, if they are putting new people in there, your blog will be read and considered at some point.
digi_matrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 digi_matrix
I think it is done whenever an admin carries out the task however, as i understand it, since GregK left, no new blogs have been entered. Only editorials from members who have already had themselves featured are getting entered at the moment. I could of just picked up wrong information. Anyway, if they are putting new people in there, your blog will be read and considered at some point. Caddy06_88
Sad to hear about Greg leaving, since he's the one who came up with the feature. Isn't that nepotism, featuring people who've already been featured before? There are loads of people here with opinions, it should be less biased. Or maybe this is "wrong information".
caddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 caddy
[QUOTE="Caddy06_88"]I think it is done whenever an admin carries out the task however, as i understand it, since GregK left, no new blogs have been entered. Only editorials from members who have already had themselves featured are getting entered at the moment. I could of just picked up wrong information. Anyway, if they are putting new people in there, your blog will be read and considered at some point. digi_matrix
Sad to hear about Greg leaving, since he's the one who came up with the feature. Isn't that nepotism, featuring people who've already been featured before? There are loads of people here with opinions, it should be less biased. Or maybe this is "wrong information".

Its an automatic thing. If a user has written really good editorials in the past, then GameSpot keeps putting their writing there unless they write a bad one, then they get removed. I think that people who do produce good editorials should be re-featured unless they write a bad one but that doesn't effect if there are any new people. As far as i know, there is no set number of how many people get featured in Soapbox.
digi_matrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 digi_matrix
[QUOTE="digi_matrix"][QUOTE="Caddy06_88"]I think it is done whenever an admin carries out the task however, as i understand it, since GregK left, no new blogs have been entered. Only editorials from members who have already had themselves featured are getting entered at the moment. I could of just picked up wrong information. Anyway, if they are putting new people in there, your blog will be read and considered at some point. Caddy06_88

Its an automatic thing. If a user has written really good editorials in the past, then GameSpot keeps putting their writing there unless they write a bad one, then they get removed. I think that people who do produce good editorials should be re-featured unless they write a bad one but that doesn't effect if there are any new people. As far as i know, there is no set number of how many people get featured in Soapbox.

Ah, got ya. So, it's like everyone can have a chance to be on it. Not like a quota, that the admin has to pick only 1 for the day. Good insight.

I'm not surprised no admin, mod, or gamespot staff, came down here. I hope my blog gets featured :D.
digi_matrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 digi_matrix
Ok, some guy got featured on Soapbox right now, and saw his blog post wasn't even tagged as an EDITORIAL! :lol: Was that a mistake or something? He even got the emblem. I swear a machine does the work for soapbox, but either way I hope my blog gets featured. Took me a week to get it all down.
caddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 caddy
Ok, some guy got featured on Soapbox right now, and saw his blog post wasn't even tagged as an EDITORIAL! :lol: Was that a mistake or something? He even got the emblem. I swear a machine does the work for soapbox, but either way I hope my blog gets featured. Took me a week to get it all down.digi_matrix

You might not get featured this time. It might be a case of you have to write a few really good ones to be featured so it wasn't just a fluke. You might but don't get your hopes up too much because things always turn out bad when hopes are raised.
digi_matrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 digi_matrix
[QUOTE="digi_matrix"]Ok, some guy got featured on Soapbox right now, and saw his blog post wasn't even tagged as an EDITORIAL! :lol: Was that a mistake or something? He even got the emblem. I swear a machine does the work for soapbox, but either way I hope my blog gets featured. Took me a week to get it all down.Caddy06_88

You might not get featured this time. It might be a case of you have to write a few really good ones to be featured so it wasn't just a fluke. You might but don't get your hopes up too much because things always turn out bad when hopes are raised.

Good advice, I'll heed it.