Small notification bug

#1 Edited by AppleFan1991 (3077 posts) -

Notifications are working very fast, which is nice. However, a bug that i'm noticing, and maybe it's just me, but when I reply to someone who has quoted me - I am getting a notification that I have replied to myself.

#2 Edited by Black_Knight_00 (18542 posts) -

This bug had disappeared and now it's back for me too :(

@LarkAnderson

#3 Edited by RobotOpBuddy (65109 posts) -

The "News, features, reviews or videos are published" and "Someone comments on my review or blog" email me options in settings also don't appear to be updating - defaulting to daily/immediately for me - all other notification settings appear to be saving correctly. At least most of the recent bugs with it have been fixed now though.

#4 Posted by s_h_a_d_o (1295 posts) -

@robotopbuddy said:

The "News, features, reviews or videos are published" and "Someone comments on my review or blog" email me options in settings also don't appear to be updating - defaulting to daily/immediately for me - all other notification settings appear to be saving correctly. At least most of the recent bugs with it have been fixed now though.

The former setting seems to save if modified/saved by itself.

#5 Edited by LarkAnderson (1943 posts) -

@applefan1991 said:

Notifications are working very fast, which is nice. However, a bug that i'm noticing, and maybe it's just me, but when I reply to someone who has quoted me - I am getting a notification that I have replied to myself.

This is a known issue that we're working to fix. Thanks for reporting it!

#6 Edited by LarkAnderson (1943 posts) -

@s_h_a_d_o said:

@robotopbuddy said:

The former setting seems to save if modified/saved by itself.

Thanks guys! We'll continue to look into this.

#7 Edited by cainetao11 (17785 posts) -

@applefan1991:

Same here. Kinda new, kinda annoying.

#8 Edited by charlesolmed (8 posts) -

The People Ara Talking To Me is not updating, no matter what system or browser I use. It defaults to "immediately" after pressing "save". The result: my mail box floodded with email notifications I don't want. Please fix this.

#9 Posted by Korvus (3990 posts) -

Not sure if this is related to the same bug but I have the "notify me when someone @mentions me" activated but it's also triggering when someone quotes a posts where someone replied/@mentioned me which is really annoying when people do quote pyramids since I can receive over 20 notifications in a couple of minutes and none of them has anything to do with me...