This topic is locked from further discussion.

yodariquo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 0

#1 yodariquo
Member since 2005 • 6631 Posts
There are a couple things I'd like to see modified for signatures. The first is the character limit. As long as signatures are limited to having a certain height before you can't see anymore (for example, if you have a large image, it will get cut off), I don't see why it should be so limited. The second is that I'd like to be able to use tables. I can understand if this would leave the possibility of messing up the page, but as long as it has strict HTML filtering, anyway I don't see what the problem would be. And example of where it would be used is such as my signature, I'd like to be able to have an image to one side with the formatting in tact, which is currently not possible.
Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Dracula68
Member since 2002 • 33109 Posts
I don't see why it should be so limited.yodariquo
You don't see why it should be limited? Are you serious?
Teivan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Teivan
Member since 2005 • 1967 Posts
The second is that I'd like to be able to use tables. I can understand if this would leave the possibility of messing up the page, but as long as it has strict HTML filtering, anyway I don't see what the problem would be. And example of where it would be used is such as my signature, I'd like to be able to have an image to one side with the formatting in tact, which is currently not possible.yodariquo
We've been looking into enabling the table tag. We'll let you know if it happens.
Ranger_x8b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#4 Ranger_x8b
Member since 2002 • 5840 Posts
The second is that I'd like to be able to use tables. I can understand if this would leave the possibility of messing up the page, but as long as it has strict HTML filtering, anyway I don't see what the problem would be. And example of where it would be used is such as my signature, I'd like to be able to have an image to one side with the formatting in tact, which is currently not possible.yodariquo

By using the align figure in the image, you can have an image and text on different sides. Check out my sig to see how I do it.
yodariquo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#5 yodariquo
Member since 2005 • 6631 Posts
[QUOTE="yodariquo"] I don't see why it should be so limited.Dracula68
You don't see why it should be limited? Are you serious?

So limited. If the system can store blogs and reviews, extending the limit to beyond 1024 characters doesn't seem like it would be an issue. The physical size restriction is also already in place, also as I said.
[QUOTE="yodariquo"]The second is that I'd like to be able to use tables. I can understand if this would leave the possibility of messing up the page, but as long as it has strict HTML filtering, anyway I don't see what the problem would be. And example of where it would be used is such as my signature, I'd like to be able to have an image to one side with the formatting in tact, which is currently not possible.Ranger_x8b

By using the align figure in the image, you can have an image and text on different sides. Check out my sig to see how I do it.

I know I can have a line of text to one side and image to the other, but once there's a line break, there would be an image, then the text, then a line break and the text beneath the image. Although thinking about it more, it may be doable using a float attribute, but that's stylesheets and those aren't permitted either.
_Sam_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 _Sam_
Member since 2003 • 31483 Posts
but we should know if our sig becomes unreadable