Seriously, why would you take away the recent user reviews on the game page?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SR71halo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 205

User Lists: 0

#1 SR71halo
Member since 2006 • 7799 Posts

It's probably a smaller complaint, but I'm annoyed that they took away the last 5 or so user reviews on the front page of each game. I liked scrolling down and seeing what the recent opinion(s) of the game is and if I wanted to see more, the full list was just one click away. Now it's more of a hassle than it should be. I have to go through two or 3 more screens before I can view any of that. This is one thing that didn't need fixing, and it was made worse instead.

Avatar image for MooncalfReviews
MooncalfReviews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#2 MooncalfReviews
Member since 2008 • 1979 Posts

This in my opinion is the worst change they have ever made. They are delliberately trying to take away the importance of the voice of the little man, so that our opinions are as prolific on certain sections, such as this or the featured soapbox section they took down. Remember Kane and Lynch where they deleted people's bad reviews? Or AC2 where there were accusations of them doing the same? They want us to have less sway over others in their decisions to buy the game, because they want to be the only voice that matters, so that people will still buy they games they are being BRIBED to say are good.

If you are as outraged as I am about all of this, please vote for my feedback post on the new layout feedback forum.

Amnesiac23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

User Lists: 2

#3 Amnesiac23
Member since 2006 • 8470 Posts
I noticed this the other day as well. I had to really do a search for user reviews to find them. I'm hoping that they will add them back to the main game page or at least make them easier to find.
fabz_95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#4 fabz_95
Member since 2006 • 15425 Posts
I think that it removing user reviews from the game pages was a bad idea since now, it's difficult for user reviews to be read by anyone unless you are to go on their profile so I think it would be great for that to return to game pages.
Photon_Man62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 Photon_Man62
Member since 2008 • 147 Posts
Oh yes. This is the first thing I noticed. How... could they?! That is the main thing I used Gamespot for - I just needed to look up the game on Gamespot, see some recent reviews and be a click away from seeing more. Ah, I'm guessing it's because of pressure from developers/publishers, so that user opinions are not nearly as important now.
msudude211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 msudude211
Member since 2006 • 44517 Posts
I definitely don't support this. There was already few enough ways to get user review exposure, and taking away the recent reviews on gamespaces only makes it worse.
thedemon44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#9 thedemon44
Member since 2007 • 273 Posts

Removing recent user reviews was single most ignorant change I have ever seen a web site do. DOES ANYONE THINK THIS WAS A GOOD MOVE? It is the first thing many people looked at when they went to check a game out. It seems to me that such a large mistake can only result in it being brought back, but each day this hasn't happened.

Get your act together Gamespot and fix this.

I know one thing for sure, if this is not brought back to the forfront, I will not pay for a premium membership again. It is the one source of power I have as a consumer, and I can't shake the feeling that I have been duped.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#10 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts
As a prolific user reviewer, I'm appalled by this decision. I don't see the logic or reason this move. Change it back, please.