Recognizing FB sharing broken?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ClayMeow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ClayMeow
Member since 2004 • 3697 Posts

I voted for the 64 sidekicks and have received the "Greatest Game Sidekick Broter" badge as expected. However, despite sharing my submission on Facebook, I don't have the "Greatest Game Sidekick Peer Pressure" badge.

Normally I wouldn't post about it so quickly, but I fear that something is wrong with your Facebook detection because the same thing happened during E3. I should have received the "Silver Like" badge, yet never did.

So what do I have to do to make my FB shares work? I don't want to log into GS using my FB name and I shouldn't have to.

dab198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#2 dab198
Member since 2003 • 3934 Posts
I have no idea what makes it work. I had no problem getting the Facebook sharing emblem to unlock for this feature; I didn't do anything special, and I'm not logged in via Facebook at the moment. However, like you, the E3 Facebook emblem failed on me and I was logged in the same way then too.
ClayMeow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ClayMeow

Interesting. Well I still don't have the emblem, so not sure what the issue is. Hopefully an admin sees this and knows what the problem is.

visi0nz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 visi0nz
Member since 2002 • 143 Posts

I posted a thread almost like this one, however the facebook sharing button never showed up for me. I posted a screenshot as well of the facebook buttons not showing up on the individual sidekicks. Is there something that can be done so we don't miss out? We obviously voted except it got bugged...

digitaldame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#5 digitaldame
Member since 2006 • 5401 Posts

As visi0n mentioned, he has brought it to my attention and I have alerted tech support. After sacrificing a small hand held device perhaps the tech support beings will answer our cry for help.

[spoiler] Don't sacrifice any small handled devices please.... [/spoiler]

ClayMeow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ClayMeow

lol. My issue is different then vision's though...I had the share button AND shared it...just not getting credit with the badge.

SQUALL20XX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SQUALL20XX
Member since 2005 • 6063 Posts

Gosh I'm in the same boat as ClayMeow, I've got the 64 one 15 minutes later but still without the FB one, I do feel there's a problem with my FB linking caused by GameSpot application on FB, I've shared that I voted successfully on FB, but GameSpot not verifying that I've shared it might be the problem, this also might be what happened with the E3 FB one too :/ something should be done to solve this or else GameSpot will never know that we shared.

ClayMeow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ClayMeow

Any update?