Profile Images Disappear

This topic is locked from further discussion.

stkr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 stkr
Member since 2006 • 6118 Posts

Parts of my profile randomly disappear frequently. My "About Me" and User Icon randomly and frequently disappear. When I go to check in "My prefs" the URL has disappeared for my icon. My "About Me" is still there, but I have to click "Apply Changes" before it will show up. I checked and didn't see this in the "known" profile problems so I thought I'd report it. This has only began happening since Gamespot updated everyones' profile.

Wren28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Wren28
Member since 2005 • 27811 Posts
I'm having the same problem, as are a lot of others. Every day my Avatar and my About Me disappear...today, though, my banner and my About Me and my Avatar disappeared...also my profile pic disappeared as well...that was the first time for my banner and profile pic to disappear...it's getting a bit frustrating having to put the link in every single day, twice today for me. Edit: Make that three times today...it used to be that when they disappeared and I went into my preferences, the url's were still in place and that when I hit apply change they reappeared quickly. Now when I click on prefs the url's are completely gone and I have to go and get them again.
LTomlinson21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3 LTomlinson21
Member since 2004 • 24423 Posts
Is your avatar changing to the one that you have set on MP3.com?
stkr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 stkr

I'm having the same problem, as are a lot of others. Every day my Avatar and my About Me disappear...today, though, my banner and my About Me and my Avatar disappeared...also my profile pic disappeared as well...that was the first time for my banner and profile pic to disappear...it's getting a bit frustrating having to put the link in every single day, twice today for me. Edit: Make that three times today...it used to be that when they disappeared and I went into my preferences, the url's were still in place and that when I hit apply change they reappeared quickly. Now when I click on prefs the url's are completely gone and I have to go and get them again.Wren28

Well at least I know I'm not alone. Most of the time my URL is still there for my banner and stuff, but it will disappear almost always for my avatar. Also, if I do happen to have an avatar a mp3.com it's on default. I've never went to mp3.com to change any of the settings.

Wren28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Wren28
Member since 2005 • 27811 Posts
Is your avatar changing to the one that you have set on MP3.com?LTomlinson21
No, mine keeps reverting to the G for GameSpot.
Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Dracula68
Member since 2002 • 33109 Posts
I get my old GameSpot avatar. Like I stated somewhere else, I am glad it is just in the profile. It eventually corrects itself I notice.
stkr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 stkr
I get the "G" avatar as well. I don't know if mine corrects itself because I usually just paste the URL back in. I'd assume this glitch acts the same for anyone who has it, though.
Xythos09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 Xythos09
Member since 2005 • 2458 Posts
My About Me has disappeared once before and never game back, so I had to type it up again. Now, my avatar and about me do not show up in my profile.