profile image picture swapping?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dedison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 dedison
Member since 2002 • 25 Posts
I checked my profile today and there was some random gray-haired old guy's picture there instead of my own.  Everything else was the same.  When I re-uploaded my own profile pic (the 84x84 one), everything was fine.  Has anybody else had this happen, or do I need to worry about middle-aged saboteurs?
Deadlyrain92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Deadlyrain92
Member since 2005 • 22002 Posts
Maybe just a friend logged into your account as I've never heard of this problem. It could just be a little prank or such...:P
LTomlinson21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3 LTomlinson21
Member since 2004 • 24423 Posts
Did you copy that picture from another website or off of google?
dedison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 dedison
Member since 2002 • 25 Posts
No, the picture was my own...taken from my camera and cropped on photoshop and then uploaded from my pc. Since I re-upped it the pic has stayed put...although I did read some posts in the forums about other types of pictures randomly shuffling or being otherwise wonky. Knowing my friends, if it had been a prank, it would have been something a little more raunchy than a goofy bald old guy!
_Sam_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 _Sam_
Member since 2003 • 31483 Posts
Try changing your avatar to anything else.. (to see if it's saving the change)
PAJ89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#6 PAJ89
Member since 2003 • 2020 Posts
Its no prank because I'm having the same problem. I was using a Vivi avatar (one of the newly created ones in the user submissions section) and it randomly changed to a small image of Crono. I changed it back to Vivi, but after a while, the same thing happened again. I thought it may have been the Vivi image, so I tried the Phoenix Wright picture and still the same problem :(