Posts not showing up?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MrIpo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 MrIpo
Member since 2005 • 1556 Posts

So on some threads recently i will look at the post count but there will be less posts once i enter the thread. for example, on the board main page a thread will have 7 posts with user john doe as the last poster on a certain thread. however, only 1-2 posts will be on the page when i enter the thread and john doe's posts will not show up, nor will the other 5-6 posts.

when i view the same thread on gamefaqs.com this problem does not happen. what can i do to fix this?

Palaxius01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 Palaxius01
Member since 2010 • 239 Posts
I am also having the same problem. Some of the more recent posts in Gamespot do not show whenever I refresh the webpage but it doesn't happen when I acess Gamefaqs. I hope this is only temporary. Also, even before I posted a message on this topic I already saw that this thread already contains 2 messages (it says Mrlpo was the last one who posted) but when I checked the topic only his message is shown here and not the second poster.
Palaxius01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Palaxius01
Member since 2010 • 239 Posts
I think this problem is related to what DutchZombiehas in one of the other topics. Only my last posts are shon and not the subsequent ones. There are supposed to be three posts in this topic yet I could only see mine and the first poster.
gmax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 gmax  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 6865 Posts
This thread may not be a good example - the second post was deleted by its original poster, and everything is normal for that scenario. The issue and question underlying the original post seems to be particular to the shared game-specific boards. The shared game-specific boards are viewable here, but actually exist at GameFAQs. The impression I get is that the issue may be an artifact of the mechanism that makes the game-specific boards viewable here, which sounds plausible to me, particularly in light of the recent problems the site has been having. This, then, would be just one specific type of those problems. That said, it would be helpful to cite specific examples of this problem. That can be done by posting two links, a direct link to an affected thread on GameFAQs, and a direct link to the same thread as seen through GameSpot. As far as I can see this thread is not affected, but as examples of links, here's a GF link and a GS link. With some luck, this might allow others to see the issue in action.

MrIpo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MrIpo
Member since 2005 • 1556 Posts

Ok so that makes sense, what you said about the game specific boards actually exsisting on gamefaqs but being viewed on gamespot. i didnt even know that.

as for an example, that is tricky because after anywhere from a few hours to a day the thread becomes normal again and all the posts show. even with this being said, i will provide an example that is currently displaying this issue.

MW2 BOARD SPECIFIC THREAD (gamespot) - http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/modernwarfare2/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-55079766&pid=951944&tag=topics%3Btitle

SAME THREAD (gamefaqs) - http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/951944-call-of-duty-modern-warfare-2/55079766?page=2

last time i checked, there are only two pages of posts on the gamespot verison (but in the board main it says there are 3) where on gamefaws all three pages show up.

i hope someone will view this before the gamespot thread goes back to normal.

craggylotus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 craggylotus
Member since 2004 • 1072 Posts
here: the last post is supposed to be from stedinator but I don't see it on gamespot. http://uk.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/transformerswarforcybertron/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-55044740&pid=981363&tag=topics%3Btitle http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/981363-transformers-war-for-cybertron/55044740
Pvt_r3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Pvt_r3d
Member since 2006 • 7901 Posts
I've been having this problem too and like the moderator has said it only happens when I try to view the Gamefaq boards through Gamespot. When I go to Gamefaqs to my specific post all of the user posts are there.