Please dial back the ads

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Tekken312

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Tekken312
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
I'm getting fed up with the full-screen ads that pop up when I visit Gamespot. They're obnoxious and only make me what to buy the product less.I cite as examples the U.S. Air Force ad that covered nearly the entire screen a minute ago, as well as the recentAce Combat Assault Horizon ad. There's no need to shove products down our throat like that.
Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

I'm not one to support ads, but you have to realize ads help pay for the site and allow people to use it for free. Almost all websites do this in some way or another.

RandoIph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 RandoIph
Member since 2010 • 2041 Posts
I haven't seen an ad here in years, and I'm not a subscriber. Use firefox, then get adblock.
fabz_95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#4 fabz_95
Member since 2006 • 15425 Posts
Use firefox and adblock or become a subscriber. If we want the site to remain free we need adverts.
Tekken312

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Tekken312
I don't mind ads. They just shouldn't cover the entire screen. BTW these aren't pop-up ads I'm talking about; they're part of the Gamespot home page.
lordoftheleft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 lordoftheleft
Member since 2011 • 151 Posts

I'm getting fed up with the full-screen ads that pop up when I visit Gamespot. They're obnoxious and only make me what to buy the product less.I cite as examples the U.S. Air Force ad that covered nearly the entire screen a minute ago, as well as the recentAce Combat Assault Horizon ad. There's no need to shove products down our throat like that.Tekken312

I'm completely fine with ads as long as there unobtrusive. But those are very obtrussive and anoying as hell.

Tekken312

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Tekken312
Exactly. And it's not just on Gamespot; Sy FY channel has large ads for their shows that pop up during their othershows, and some ofthem easily come close to taking up 1/4 of the screen.