Pie chart technical issue

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jd1680a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 0

#1 Jd1680a
Member since 2005 • 5960 Posts

Below is a screenshot of a pie chart of player ratings. The pieces within the chart have lines going into it with nothing listed. Each line should have one of the 11 listings, such as perfect, good, fair, or other.

How could I fix this issue?

thanks

spazzx625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#2 spazzx625
Member since 2004 • 43433 Posts
It shows up properly for me on Firefox.
RockMFR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 RockMFR
Member since 2004 • 2841 Posts
The chart is generated on the server as an image. The only thing I can think of is some alpha channel issue in the PNG - do you happen to be using IE6? A somewhat related issue - I am occasionally getting this error when viewing the chart images:
Jd1680a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#4 Jd1680a
Member since 2005 • 5960 Posts
Im using FIrefox and I do have internet explorer 6. Both browsers it doesnt work. It could be a bug on gamespot side.
rockyterrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 rockyterrain
Member since 2004 • 509 Posts

My pie chart looks just like yours...only lines coming off the wedges with no data shown.

topsemag55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#6 topsemag55
Member since 2007 • 19063 Posts

I see the same thing as jd does: on some games the chart displays fully, on others no. I'm using IE 8.

gmax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 gmax  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 6865 Posts
I'm seeing the same thing: some of the pie chart images have the labels, some of the pie charts don't. Once in a while a pie chart image won't load (and if I'm requesting the image directly I see the "Error Loading ChartDirector" page already mentioned). When the images do load (with or without labels), they appear to be perfectly valid PNGs, and they have no transparency in them of any kind. Anyway, this is not a browser issue. It is definitely an issue that is occuring in the generation of the images. It did, however, seem a little streaky - for a while it seemed like they were all coming back without labels, then for a while they were all coming back ok. In fact, I just saw one that did not have labels earlier get the labels restored. I'm inclined to suspect database retrieval problems (since that seems to usually be the culprit), but it could probably also be a dozen other things. If the problem really is transient maybe the pie charts will gradually recover. Who knows. I collected a few pie chart image specimens in the spoiler block below. The sources are live, so they might all be working as others check them. As an aside, with a stylish legend, I could probably get used to the pie charts without the per-slice labels or any of the variable text. My two cents. [spoiler]

not working when last checked

working when last checked

seen both ways [/spoiler]

StanleyL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 StanleyL
Member since 2004 • 1280 Posts

There is nothing wrong on your end, this is a bug related to how we display this data that makes it intermittently not show up. We're still looking into the best way of fixing this for the long-term.