pages loading REALLY SLOW

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44607 Posts

It's taking the better part of a minute to load pages, and not just topic pages as has been the problem of the past, but even just trying to loading a page like a list of forum topics takes like 40 seconds for me.

I'm using Chrome, spare me the elitist bullshit about better browsers. I've been doing SpeedTest.net tests all morning, 30ms ping, 50Mbps/10Mbps Download/Upload, every major site loads up fast plays fine, Netflix, Hulu, YouTube, news sites, those all load in just a few seconds, come here and it's slow as a sin, like dial up slow.

I mean, if there's some kind of performance hit due to site maintenance I'd understand that, but if new changes to the site are going to alter the performance drastically then I'm probably going to want to start looking for a solution.

EDIT: actually, FireFox does seem to drastically improve the sites performance, what's the deal? Do you guys just not like Chrome so much you sabotage it? Worked fine for like ever until a few weeks ago.

digitaldame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#2 digitaldame
Member since 2006 • 5401 Posts

@lamprey263: EDIT: actually, FireFox does seem to drastically improve the sites performance, what's the deal? Do you guys just not like Chrome so much you sabotage it? Worked fine for like ever until a few weeks ago.

It's likely some sort of coding issue. I know this last week, there was a not of new items being pushed so perhaps that was part of the problem? Are you still experiencing this on Chrome? And if so, what add-ons do you have installed?

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#3 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44607 Posts

@DigitalDame: I just have Adblock for Chrome, running Adblock Plus in Firefox with no issues