Official review feedback thread - New: Jeff's FAQ about review system

• 95 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RobotOpBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: -3

#101 RobotOpBuddy  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 65506 Posts
judging by the lack of posts these past few days, I wanna congratulate Gamespot on beating all their nay-sayers into submission. it appears as if people have become to frustrated to continue to seek an audience, and have given up or accepted this new system. i too feel quite silly for having wasted my time. my apologies for bothering ya'll this past month, as it seems all my effort was for nothing. Sweet.remixrunixlp
yer i know...i just can't be bothered, i dnt really use the review system anymore anyway, and while the fact that we're forced to rate games to .5 increments now still bugs me a hell of alot, i'm fed up of repeating myself, GS doesn't seem to care what we think anyway...
nappan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 0

#102 nappan
Member since 2002 • 2838 Posts
Well, I stopped posting since I've cancelled my subscription. Now that I get the service gratis, why bother to post? I'll talk with my dollars from here on in.
Magic_Shrek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 Magic_Shrek
Member since 2003 • 156 Posts
I can't cancel my subscription, but I won't be renewing it. I only come here to watch "On The Spot" now (which is why I'm here at the moment, they are currently looking at some very boring game). There is no point posting here, GameSpot don't care and I have nothing more to say on the subject. GameTrailers is where I get my gaming fix now, GameSpot has lost the plot since Greg left.
Mossad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Mossad
Member since 2002 • 1957 Posts
Beaten into submission is about right. Like I said at length in my last post, direct e-mails, comments to Jeff's blog, canceled my subscription, played the guess which thread you're supposed to post in now game, posted in this thread, never seemed to get noticed. It should have been pretty obvious when I didnt even get a "thank you for your comments" after a direct e-mail or a "Please don't leave or at least let us know why your leaving" after canceling my account how important my business is to gamespot. I've been treated pretty badly by some companies but they've at least pretended to try and correct issues.
Sheoldred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 Sheoldred
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
I don't even really care what you guys do with your own review system, you can change the way you review games all you want, but why are the user ratings on each game page now forced into .5 increments as well? Why aren't the users at least allowed to continue using the old .1 rating system if they want? Now I can't really rate any new games I get here because the scores will be "off" compared to the older games I rated under the .1 system. Basically the only reason I rated stuff here in the first place was because it didn't have a crappy .5 or .0 user rating system like all the other sites and now it has adopted one.
Zaps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 Zaps
Member since 2003 • 1587 Posts
Beaten into submission is about right. Like I said at length in my last post, direct e-mails, comments to Jeff's blog, canceled my subscription, played the guess which thread you're supposed to post in now game, posted in this thread, never seemed to get noticed. It should have been pretty obvious when I didnt even get a "thank you for your comments" after a direct e-mail or a "Please don't leave or at least let us know why your leaving" after canceling my account how important my business is to gamespot. I've been treated pretty badly by some companies but they've at least pretended to try and correct issues.Mossad

I think you expect too much. Either that, or you're just being very picky. Fair enough that you don't like the changes. Nothing against that.

Look at the outrage. Look at how many people commented on Jeff's blog. Think of all the people who feel the same but aren't as vocal enough to post their thoughts in public. Can you guess how many people have probably complained to GameSpot via e-mails? Do you know how much manpower they have to read and respond every single e-mail? The e-mail's not just for complaints. I imagine they're being completely overwhelmed right now.

I get it that you're pissed off. But it sounds like you want to wage war against GameSpot. If you want to leave, just leave. No scene needs to be made.

And when you do get a response, I wouldn't expect a "Please don't leave!" Begging? No company to my knowledge has resorted to begging.