Need help getting this website to display in browser correctly.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mgdpublic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 mgdpublic
Member since 2003 • 96 Posts
I stopped using gamespot about a year ago when all of a sudden the page just started loading strange (in all browsers). Basically, there are no frames, the page is white with all the text incorrectly formatted with most of it center justified. Many of the images don't load. Just navigating to the forum was a challenge, let alone trying to search through it to find an answer. I came back to see the Wii Cable Comparison and none of the images loaded, and of course I still had the problem with the layout in general. I don't have a problem with any other website and this website loads strangely in all my browsers. My java seems to work fine everywhere else if that helps. Please help me get back to my beloved Gamespot! Thanks.
Thorpe89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#2 Thorpe89
Member since 2004 • 16905 Posts
If it is all your browsers then it probably is a problem with your operating system. GameSpot works in many web browsers including Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox. Have you considered troubleshooting the problem by disabling add-ons, scanning for spyware etc...?
mgdpublic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 mgdpublic
Member since 2003 • 96 Posts
Well over the last year I've done many spyware runs with 4 different programs but this site has not worked for over a year.  This is also the only site on the internet that doesn't work for me.  Basically it seems that none of the graphics load.  Everything is in plain text and center justified.  I would think that this must mean something in particular isn't working right and someone around here should know what that is, I'm just not to up on web page programming, etc..