More quality control in the Games Discussion forum

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

If you go to the Games Discussion forum right now you see spam and illegal links taking over the forum. This is a somewhat common occurence unfortunately. I have flagged about 10 different threads all near the top of the list that are fake or illegal.

Is there any way we can get you guys to start taking these douchebags down or banning them instead of allowing them to litter the forum?

JP_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2  Edited By JP_
Member since 2007 • 12875 Posts

@jer_1: Hello there,

We the moderators are only Volunteers so we are doing the best that we can to control and contain the spam. Please FLAG any spam / illegal activites and we will get to it as soon as possible.

If the spam sticks around after you reported it you can feel free to contact us and we will do our best to handle the situation

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 jer_1

Great, thank you sir! I realize you guys just aren't always around to do this and I try to flag those types of posts as often as possible. Today there is more than I have seen previously so I thought I'd ask.

digitaldame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#4 digitaldame
Member since 2006 • 5401 Posts

@jer_1: Incidentally, if you're interested in joining the team as a moderator please send us a PM on why you would like to join.

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By jer_1

@DigitalDame: I appreciate the offer but I probably should bow out for this one. At times I'm a little quick to judgement so it may best be left to more level-headed folks! Unless you are in need of assistance I would just have to say "thanks, but no thanks".