More inside scoops on upcoming games, Gamespot is too slow.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ChiefFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1 ChiefFreeman
Member since 2005 • 5667 Posts

I hate to say it (being a member) but Gamespot has gotten too slow in it's game news reporting.   Why do the written publications like Game Informer, Edge, and even Gamepro magazine get more of the good news first on upcoming games?   The current Gamepro has a feature on Heavenly Sword, whic is a highly anticipated PS3 title, and I have hardly heard a peep about this game from Gamespot.   Do the magazines pay for firsthand info?  If so, why won't Cnet, which is Gamespot's parent company follow suit to get it first?    Gamespot is recognized for being one of the most informative and best all around game sites on the web, but their reporting has started to suffer.   Cnet ought to consider a Gamespot magazine to counter it's competitors.   I'm seriously considering a subscription to Game Informer.     Gamespot, to be the best, you have to be first!

AlexN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 AlexN
Member since 2003 • 9000 Posts

Publishers make the calls on who they give first looks and exclusive coverage to, and though we get our share of exclusives, pubs have a tendency to go with print mags for the early looks. I'm pretty sure it has to do with the fact that print coverage is easier for the publishers to negotiate with and control, as a whole.

I also 100% disagree with that last statement. Being first is always nice, but being in-depth and informative is the most important thing of all. That's something I think we've got in spades.