Make your own videos you upload, downloadable.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Archrivel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

User Lists: 0

#1 Archrivel
Member since 2004 • 779 Posts

Gamespot has a good video uploading section which is a credit to gamespot.

However when showing my fiance, my page she found it annoying that you cannot download your own videos that you personally uploaded. She found this surpising as she mentioned that other sites have this option.

The main reason why this came about is, that the videos we uploaded we kept on our computer. However as things tend to happen. We lost one of the videos that we had uploaded. We wanted to see if it was possible to download one of my videos, I had posted.  But as to no surprise, we wasn't able to.

I would to suggest that gamespot makes it possible to download your own videos, Only your own, not anyone elses videos.

So when you log in and go to your video section in your profile, make it only the owner of the profile can see the button "Download" then the rest is self explained.

I think this would be a nice addition for Gamespot. perhaps something for the paid members of Gamespot.

double_decker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 double_decker
Member since 2006 • 146090 Posts
Makes sense to me, I don't mess with videos... or atleast haven't yet but it would be a nice feature because computers do have a tendancy of being a major pain sometimes and having a back up option couldn't be a bad thing:)
Agreb91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#3 Agreb91
Member since 2005 • 7169 Posts
I would like to be able to download user videos, but some users would not like that. So they could make it an option to allow it or not.
icytower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 icytower
Member since 2005 • 10643 Posts
I have to imagine there's some legality behind it. Downloading user videos would be a cool option though I don't mess around with them much.
rety5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#5 rety5
Member since 2006 • 2261 Posts
I would like to be able to download user videos, but some users would not like that. So they could make it an option to allow it or not. Agreb91
If thats the case then instead of making it just for the person who uploaded it give the member the option to let everyone download it.
_Sam_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 _Sam_
Member since 2003 • 31483 Posts
I have to imagine there's some legality behind it. Downloading user videos would be a cool option though I don't mess around with them much.icytower38
I don't think so, since you can download google videos
yian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 yian
Member since 2003 • 5166 Posts
If you can upload it to the Internet, there shouldn't be any problem to download it, right?
icytower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 icytower
Member since 2005 • 10643 Posts

[QUOTE="icytower38"]I have to imagine there's some legality behind it. Downloading user videos would be a cool option though I don't mess around with them much._Sam_
I don't think so, since you can download google videos

Good point, well who knows then.