LOTR Marathon Window Wont Open!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Daytona_178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 Daytona_178
Member since 2005 • 14962 Posts
LOTR Marathon wont open! I click on it but nothing comes up. its not my pop-up blocker because its turned off and i have also tried turning off my phishing filter. can anyone help?
_Sam_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 _Sam_
Member since 2003 • 31483 Posts

Anyone who is having trouble opening the popup video in IE, please hold shift and and reload this page. Then try again.

everything should work in firefox 

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#3 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts

It may be a conflict with the new release of Java, which came out earlier today. There are a lot of people able to load the page and get audio, but no video other than the loading animation. The whole thing isn't working for me either, in IE or Firefox.

GaZZuM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 GaZZuM
Member since 2006 • 151 Posts

seconded. it's so frustrating hearing all the action, aswell as hearing kevin's description ("this game is very pleasing to look at!") without SEEING what's going on.

any fix been found yet???

anthonyr1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 anthonyr1
Member since 2005 • 462 Posts
try this link for the live video stram on IE - http://gamespot.com/pages/event_popup/index.php?event=tournament_tv&res=1
GaZZuM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 GaZZuM
Member since 2006 • 151 Posts
okay i got it to work, go to the sticky "solution to video streaming. V3" and on the first post there is a link titled "Xvid". install that and it works perfectly. the file took me about 10 seconds to install and did the trick so yeah... enjoy!
Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Dracula68
Member since 2002 • 33109 Posts
I wish I had seen this earlier. As usual I gave it a shot in IE and FF to no avail. Actually I like to call it the forever "loading blues" because that is all each does but never finishes. The last marathon I was able to watch fine was the Oblivion over a year ago.
CybertronR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 CybertronR
Member since 2004 • 218 Posts
Sorry about that guys. We were able to fix the problem about an hour and a half into the marathon.