Logged in but then again not logged in??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-62a2e05c0ed2d
deactivated-62a2e05c0ed2d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-62a2e05c0ed2d
Member since 2010 • 1242 Posts

Hello first of all i like few of the new features of the side, but mostly the new site is awfull compared to the old one imo.

Anyway back to topic, i am logged in as you can see, since i can post this but ever since the new website every time i have been femling like commenting i scroll down and get the message "sign in to comment" so i click on that and it just pushes me to the top of the page where i am already logged in....

Avatar image for Danyawesomsauce
Danyawesomsauce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Danyawesomsauce
Member since 2013 • 115 Posts

That happened to me on the old site. It would usually fix itself once I tried posting a comment the second time.

PS: I agree. This site is terrible now.

s_h_a_d_o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By s_h_a_d_o
Member since 2004 • 1317 Posts

@Majkic666: I've had similar experiences when trying to post on a very recent article/blog, even on the old site - usually reloading the page is sufficient to resolve the issue. I'm assuming it's a delayed synch between GS and Livefyre.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-62a2e05c0ed2d

Well the problem is that i have never been able to post a comment since day 1 of the new website, i have been patient and hoped it would fix itself but it still hasn't so that why i am complaining now...

I never had a problem like this on the old even when they switched the comment system

RobotOpBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: -3

#5  Edited By RobotOpBuddy  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 65506 Posts

It sounds as though you're just not being auto-logged-in to livefyre when you're logged in on GS, 1st off ensure that gamespot.com and fyre.co scripts are allowed to run and that nothing is running that might be blocking them, if that doesn't help a staff member may have to have a look at the GS-livefyre account link. Browser version and any add-ons you're using that could possibly cause an issue would be useful information if neither of those help.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-62a2e05c0ed2d

Yeah thanks found the problem its Avast being a snob again, i tried allowing it but even then it didn't work, so removing avast browser protection helped