This topic is locked from further discussion.

berobnx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 berobnx
Member since 2004 • 2931 Posts
i just wanted to ask, u know, when u change banner, u can choose by uploading or just linking the picture, and its restricted to jpg's gif's and so on, cant u make it work with php 2? :P cuz im trying to make a banner and i want some content in it to be random, and thats only possible what i know of is when u make one of those uh, dunno what they r calld, but a kind of php coded picture :P do u know what i mean? :S
ulillillia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 ulillillia
Member since 2006 • 685 Posts
One (rather unusual) way of doing this is to use a base image on your own webhost and write the PHP code needed to modify it as needed.  With the base image, say, "base.png", have the output written as "output.png" and on here, just point to the "output.png" image.  If it is accessed, regenerate another one on your server.  I don't know if this works or not, but it may work.
berobnx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 berobnx
Member since 2004 • 2931 Posts
it did not work for me, the thing i need to do is put a addtype there to make jpg files work as php files, but my webhost wont change that for me, and ive tried with an .htaccess file, but it does not work :/