Issues viewing screenshots on Gamespot

This topic is locked from further discussion.

aribilow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 aribilow
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
Hey guys,

Perhaps this isn't the appropriate venue for this, but maybe there is a fix for it that I am unaware of...  I find it very annoying that when I am trying to view screen-shots of games that are above a certain pixel count (600x400-ish)  The image is placed within a table that isn't large enough to display the entire image, rather there are scroll bars at the right and bottom of the image.  Would it not be preferable to allow the image the full real estate of it's own frame so that, for instance, when viewing with Firefox, the image would fit the extents of the frame automatically?  Some images are so large that, even if the browser window is maximized on my 20" lcd, it is too large for the table and require scrolling.

vgm007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#2 vgm007
Member since 2005 • 20931 Posts
Can you give a link to a game that has this problem with the screenshot viewer?
aribilow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 aribilow
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
        It's fairly ubiquitous - at least that has been my experience.  But it is especially problematic with PC game images where the pixel dimensions are particularly high.  I guess what is making this issue so aggravating is that the pop-up window is smaller than the table that contains the image.  The result being the need to navigate and resize the window before you can navigate the image itself.

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/image_viewer/frame_lead.php?pid=540331&img=5&sid=undefined
vgm007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#4 vgm007
Member since 2005 • 20931 Posts
Yeah, that seems to be a problem. However, this doesn't seem like a tech support issue. I'd bring this up in Site Enhancements/Feedback.