Is there a problem with the E3 news counter?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dzfunk64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 dzfunk64
Member since 2004 • 997 Posts

If you go to e3.gamespot.com, you'll see a tab on the page for the news & previews. On the tab, it tells how many news & previews have been posted. But it seems to be wrong because it keeps increasing, but no new news has been posted. Not too long ago, it was at 97. Just before I posted this, it was at 119, but only two new news articles were posted since it was 97. I checked the all category, the news category, and the previews category, but couldn't find any other new news articles in any of them. This isn't the first time this has happened either, it's been happening all day, and it happened a couple times yesterday too. It keeps saying new news is being posted, but when I look, there's nothing new there. I thought maybe it took a while to show up or something, but even when I check back hours later, there is still nothing new posted.

The videos seem to have the same problem. The total number of videos posted will occasionally go up, but there isn't always new videos posted, even hours later.

Vermifuge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Vermifuge
Member since 2005 • 522 Posts

it shows 119 for me and that's how many i count. maybe you are looking at acached content?

dzfunk64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 dzfunk64
Member since 2004 • 997 Posts

I don't think it can be cached because I've tried holding control and pressing F5, which is supposed to load the page without the cache.

Edit: It currently says there are 123 news articles posted, and the top first three are:

• E3 07: Konami lays out E3 lineup
  • E3 07: New Wii Trauma Center leads Atlus lineup
  • E3 07: Slash to be Guitar Hero III boss

Is that what the first three are for you?

Edit 2: It's up to 124 and I still don't see any new news...

CybertronR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 CybertronR
Member since 2004 • 218 Posts
I don't think it can be cached because I've tried holding control and pressing F5, which is supposed to load the page without the cache.dzfunk64
It's a server side cache. Pressing shift+F5 clears your browser cache, not the server cache. :)