I had a dream (about Gamespot).

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Castorz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 Castorz
Member since 2005 • 2271 Posts

Yes... I' m sure it has arrived to some of you too... Reassure me plz; it has?? And even if it hasn' t, it might have occurred; you probably just forgot!!

Here it is, I dreamed that Gamespot was introducing a reputation system that consisted of 6 gold stars, it has been brought up before, it awfully resembled the rep window from XBL, except the stars were in relief on a black background and looked more like a sheriff badge; the first site I saw that featured a similar concept was bodybuilding.com; it has ppl begging for "reps" but what I like best is when you see someone buried in the red, you know everyone thinks he' s an A-hole and he becomes kind of a scapegoat in topics!!!

Evidently, ppl with the most rep power can bring back some1 with a ruby necklace back to greenland, and everybody is content with sucking it up to them...

Which brings me to: would you be in favor of implementing something like this, and would it change your posting behavior?

Seeing as if more ppl rep you:

a) You get more PM's (comments on your posts; be it funny, helpful or downright wrong and distasteful).

b) You build a solid foundation and send the poor souls messing with you down to no-man' s land so they can lose all credibility.

c) You got loads of ppl sucking it up to ya; or making fun of u (if your post count is very high - it' ll be nothing new; congratz on surviving the steep rulings of GS tho...)

Think it' d be worth it? I love GS as it is, just wanted to check the general pulse on this... REVELATION! :)

MAILER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 MAILER_DAEMON
Member since 2003 • 45906 Posts
GS had this once. It was an abysmal disaster.
Castorz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 Castorz
Member since 2005 • 2271 Posts
GS had this once. It was an abysmal disaster.MAILER_DAEMON
Errors that belong to the past don' t necessarily mean that they originated from a bad idea; I' m curious to know why it was dropped, I' m guessing abuse but care to share?
skylerpwns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 skylerpwns
Member since 2005 • 627 Posts
Rep systems on forums are almost always a bad idea. Cliques are often created for the sole purpose of sharing rep, and a certain attitude of eliticism and hatred towards new users becomes pretty prevalent.
caddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 caddy
Member since 2005 • 28709 Posts
Rep systems on forums are almost always a bad idea. Cliques are often created for the sole purpose of sharing rep, and a certain attitude of eliticism and hatred towards new users becomes pretty prevalent.skylerpwns

I agree, it should not be implemented for those reasons and also, people might just give out bad rep to everybody and if that means people would stop talking to you, then it isn't fair. I think that no rep system is needed here because it would just create problems here, there and everywhere.
Camzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 Camzo
Member since 2006 • 2142 Posts
? I dont get it ?