How does the quote function work in the WYSIWYG editor?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17675 Posts

Say I want to reply to paragraphs that I've quoted. I'm a bit confused as to how this works.

So I quote someone. I then highlight text inside their quote and hit the quote button, and it will create a darker grey box quote around it, but it's still inside of their quoted reply to me. If I copy and past text to below their reply and then quote it, then I'm unable to move the cursor underneath it to type my response. If I C & P text to a whole new empty reply window, C & P and quote it without quoting them at all, same deal.

I can quote, but i can't reply except within the quoted box. What good is it in this case? How is this supposed to work? The only way I can actually "quote" someone is to C & P into a clean reply box at the bottom, put their text in italics or bold, mine in regular, with a notice at the beginning explaining my formatting style.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#2 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts
@MirkoS77 said:

Say I want to reply to paragraphs that I've quoted. I'm a bit confused as to how this works.

So I quote someone. I then highlight text inside their quote and hit the quote button, and it will create a darker grey box quote around it, but it's still inside of their quoted reply to me. If I copy and past text to below their reply and then quote it, then I'm unable to move the cursor underneath it to type my response. If I C & P text to a whole new empty reply window, C & P and quote it without quoting them at all, same deal.

I can quote, but i can't reply except within the quoted box. What good is it in this case? How is this supposed to work? The only way I can actually "quote" someone is to C & P into a clean reply box at the bottom, put their text in italics or bold, mine in regular, with a notice at the beginning explaining my formatting style.

Hello MirkoS77,

When quoting someone, if you hover your cursor over what you are quoting in the WYSIWYG editor then a pop-up box ought to appear. It has two main choices: "position" and "change." You can change the position up ("U") or down ("D"). If you are still having difficulties, making a line break before you quote should allow you to change the quote box position and post content above or beneath it after moving it down or up, respectively.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#3 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17675 Posts

@BranKetra said:
@MirkoS77 said:

Hello MirkoS77,

When quoting someone, if you hover your cursor over what you are quoting in the WYSIWYG editor then a pop-up box ought to appear. It has two main choices: "position" and "change." You can change the position up ("U") or down ("D"). If you are still having difficulties, making a line break before you quote should allow you to change the quote box position and post content above or beneath it after moving it down or up, respectively.

Okay, I'll try that, thanks.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#4 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

@MirkoS77: Sure.

One thing that I feel is proper to tell you is that questions like this are actually better placed in Bug Reporting & Feedback. The reason I say so is because Ask the Mods is meant for moderation-related inquiries only.

It is something worth remembering. I shall be moving it there, now.