High rates for S.T.A.L.K.E.R.? ROFL

This topic is locked from further discussion.

patrokle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 patrokle
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

Hello,

Well, this is a site enhancement idea, that's why I put this here but STALKER gave me the idea for it.

I'm amazed by the huge number of high rates STALKER received.  Personally I'm greatly disappointed (read my STALKER review to see my opinion). I'm playing shooters since the Wolfenstein 3D (and I'm playing computer games for 20+ years) and during the time I acquired a certain maturity concerning computer games. I'm thinking here at the number of teenagers which highly rated this game and which do not see yet the difference between a good game and a crappy one. I'd like to see in the player score breakdown the same statistics with the medium age of the voters (i.e. the medium age of those which voted from 9 to 10, of those which voted from 8 to 9, etc.). IMDB (www.imdb.com)  has this kind of statistics for all the rated movies and I use it a lot when reading movie reviews. I think this kind of statistics will help all of us to better understand those ratings and better understand if a game is targeted for a certain age category.

I'd love to see this enhancement in a future not too distant and I hope to hear soon from you.

Thanks and regards,

PS. I'd send all those teenagers to play for an hour HL2 then play for an hour STALKER then think again :-p

icytower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 icytower
Member since 2005 • 10643 Posts

I dont see any need for this. I pay no attention to what users are rating a game as there will always be something you don't agree with. If you don't like the score don't pay attention to it. Besides, people will just rate games for the heck of it & for emblems. Just because someone is older does not mean they have been playing that particular game s.t.y.l.e. for years, it could be there very first one, so there score would not be influenced by anything.

If you have strong feeling about a game then write a review, like you did. Then your opinion will be knonw.

fastica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 fastica
Member since 2003 • 153 Posts
I also have 20 years of gaming, played a lot of FPS and really liked STALKER. It´s a difficult game that demands patience (specially at the beginnig) and maybe is not your style of FPS. By the way, I think that the majority of reviewers who gave it good scores to this game are 20+ years old.
Davidhye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Davidhye
Member since 2005 • 12018 Posts
i love STALKER but how is this connected to Site Enhancements O_o
patrokle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 patrokle
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
Well, I'll give you an example for this need... If you look at IMDB you'll see Lord of The Rings in the top 10 of all time movies. You look who voted it and you'll see the majority of high raters are pretty young... Then I saw the movie and said "what a waste of time... a good movie for a 10 years old boy but not for me"... This kind of statistics will allow us to not waste anymore time with such movies or games... It doesn't mean at all the movies or the games are bad, it will simply indicate that I'm not anymore at the age where that game or movie could have amused me.