gamespot's new look has so many problems

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for sarosh_assassin
sarosh_assassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 sarosh_assassin
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Since the last overhaul of the website there have been so many flaws. couple of them are so big.

1. Search suck more than ever, search tools don't work. don't always find games and mostly find related articles etc.

2. Xbox 360 games aren't showing metacritic score.

Its been going on for so long now. I'm surprised gamespot hasn't fixed these issues, I was hoping they will fix these issues and haven't said anything till now.

GTA_Edm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 GTA_Edm
Member since 2005 • 1493 Posts

I've found this site has gone downhill SUPER fast since you they stopped letting you post on the forums. It takes forever to load any page. The search...well...the search has always sucked. And often times, when I click on a game in my game list, it takes me to a completely different game!

This site really sucks nowadays and that's a shame. I used this site exclusively as I found GameFAQS to look like a website that was built in 1998. Still does. I hate it.

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#4 c_rakestraw  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 14627 Posts

They've said on multiple occassions that some revamps are coming. No ETA, unfortunately.

The site hasn't been any glitchier than it was on the old design, though. It's about the same, minus "bonk," anyway.

ChiefFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#5 ChiefFreeman
Member since 2005 • 5667 Posts

I completely agree about the overhaul on the search functions. They flat out SUCK. The old format was so much easier to use and less cluttered. They don't even put a games review headline on the main game page anymore, which is stupid. When I try to look for articles about a particular game I'm interested in, the page will list useless info like user comments from a dead game thread. The new game pages are just ugly. The overhaul is just crap, plain and simple.

TrueProphecy22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 TrueProphecy22
Member since 2005 • 1757 Posts

I too find it annoying to search for a game title and find the actual game page buried under pages of articles I'm not interested in.

I'd also just like to click on the picture on a game article blirb instead of having to find the hyperlink.

Also... I'm so very tired of ads that load in seconds slower than the rest of the page and then drop the whole page down. What a great and annoying strategy to make people accidentally click the site advertising.

cybrcatter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 cybrcatter
Member since 2003 • 16210 Posts

The site hasn't been any glitchier than it was on the old design, though. It's about the same, minus "bonk," anyway.

c_rake

Got a nice chuckle out of me.

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#8 c_rakestraw  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 14627 Posts

Got a nice chuckle out of me.cybrcatter

Glad I could help.