Gamespot running slow

• 167 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SavoyPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 0

#151 SavoyPrime
Member since 2003 • 41098 Posts
[QUOTE="SavoyPrime"]This site is turning to garbage. Slow speeds. Oops screens. White pages of doom. Union access down. Forum issues. C'mon GS! It's like y'all are trying to push users away or something.anihimz
The site has always been garbage brah

It's never been this bad from a technical standpoint. This is becoming unbearable. I've never spent so much time on IGN until this past month or so.
Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#152 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26098 Posts
I've been wondering if Gamespot could just adapt the engine that Giantbomb and Comic Vine uses. But that might mean getting rid of all the history these forums have.
dab198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#153 dab198
Member since 2003 • 3934 Posts
they need to redo everything and update Unions, too bad that will NEVER happenjediknight52501
That's exactly what they ARE doing.
seker456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#154 seker456
Member since 2008 • 15052 Posts
man all the boards have been soo bad, ive never seen it this bad for so long, its like they dont really care anymore
Avatar image for deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510
deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#155 deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510
Member since 2007 • 17401 Posts

Seriously, what the f*ck are you guys even doing? How is a forum so difficult to keep functional? And unions are especially f*cked. I'm not really complaining since I don't pay GS with ad revenue or subscription money, I'm just amazed at how screwed up everything is lol. In my 5 or whatever years, I've never seen it this bad.

Mean post is mean, I know you guys are working on it. But really, did everything have to break in the process?

nsoliveira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#156 nsoliveira
Member since 2006 • 26075 Posts
Now I'm getting the BONK! message every time I post on a union.......grrrrrrr
CountBleck12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#157 CountBleck12
Member since 2012 • 4726 Posts
Now I'm getting the BONK! message every time I post on a union.......grrrrrrrnsoliveira
I'm getting it too.
Redders1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#158 Redders1989
Member since 2006 • 13410 Posts

"Oops" is fast becoming my least favourite word.

Avenger1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#159 Avenger1324
Member since 2007 • 16344 Posts

Never seen it this bad for so long, but the site is just utterly useless at the moment. I'm more likely to see OOPS than any page I try to load. I can see I have unread PM's in my inbox (and know they are genuine new ones) but I cannot get any of them to load to read them. Ironically one of them from the title is suggesting ways to try and workaround Gamespot in its current broken form - would be nice if I could get to that.

Posting in union boards has been painful - I try to post a long update thread, preview it and it chops out 50% of what I've written. Anticipating these constant problems I copy every post before submitting so I can paste it back in when, rather than if, it screws up. Eventually get something to post and it cuts out half the content - post again in a new post - again chops out half of it. come back to the site 30 mins later and it now shows a double post, but now with the content it chopped out. There was no complex HTML, no images, no tags, nothing other than straight forward text.

We have another thread for submitting entries to a competition - has over 35 supposed responses, but only half that number of visible posts. Members complaining about trying to post their entries but unable to because of the problems with GameSpot. Unions are struggling to keep active at the best of times, from the total lack of updates in past years, having them hidden away as a subset of forums, but problems for this long stopping them posting means it is just one fewer place to bother visiting.

This isn't just a temporary glitch happening over one weekend - it's been going for weeks and weeks now. It's fine to come out and say you are redesigning and overhauling parts of the site - but that should be being done on a test environment while the old system is still fully running. Profile pics and image sections have just vanished, so many areas of the site just fail to load, timeout, OOPS, trying to post in forums is infuriating with errors. It certainly doesn't feel like any fixes or improvements have been made in the last month, or in fact 2 months from the date of the first post in this thread.

The only new thing I've seen from GameSpot in the last couple of months is the use of my email address - instead of GameSpot Weekly updates being about games, they are now filled with CBS links to articles on cloud computing, Exchange 2008, managing email file servers etc.

anihimz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#160 anihimz
Member since 2010 • 14242 Posts
Bonk is out of control When I make a post in union bonk pops up but your post still gets posted But now even when you refresh the post doesn't post It takes like 8 refreshes for your post to be submitted, and even then the site glitches and your post gets submitted 3 times
anihimz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 anihimz
Okay it just happened while I was posting^^ And now my sig is gone
CountBleck12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#162 CountBleck12
Member since 2012 • 4726 Posts
Bonk is out of control When I make a post in union bonk pops up but your post still gets posted But now even when you refresh the post doesn't post It takes like 8 refreshes for your post to be submitted, and even then the site glitches and your post gets submitted 3 timesanihimz
Bonk certainly is, I don't even want to go to any unions anymore till I see that it's completely gone. Gotta stick to the forum layout for now.
Shytink8965

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#163 Shytink8965
Member since 2011 • 427 Posts

I can't see my avy or even get a new avy

anihimz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 anihimz

I can't see my avy or even get a new avy

Shytink8965
Is your avy Catwoman
MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#165 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17658 Posts

What is going on with "Bonk!"? Cool, you're fixing it......going on months now. Will this ever be fixed, or is it just something that we'll have to get used to? Sorry to sound like an a$$ but this has been happening for quite some time and I'm beginning to wonder if it'll ever be fixed.

Big_Evil666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#166 Big_Evil666
Member since 2004 • 13817 Posts

What is going on with "Bonk!"? Cool, you're fixing it......going on months now. Will this ever be fixed, or is it just something that we'll have to get used to? Sorry to sound like an a$$ but this has been happening for quite some time and I'm beginning to wonder if it'll ever be fixed.

MirkoS77
u and about everyone else dude. this site is painfull