Game emblems section in profile...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

HRDKyoSaNim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 HRDKyoSaNim
Member since 2004 • 3560 Posts
Now that there has been an emblem system implemented within game reviews, which I think was an awesome idea, I think there should be a system tied into your profile regarding your game collection. I propose creating another emblem section in your profile that is just for your game collection emblems. It would include existing profile emblems such as the good/bad taste emblems, afficionado emblems, old school and etc...as well as including the newemblems that are used to describe the games, and these would be received in much the same manner...Once you have a certain number of games in your collection that have been awarded a particular emblem, it is awarded to you in your profile. This would be a quick way for people to recognize what you look for in your video games when they visit your profile. Or instead of putting it directly on your profile page, maybe it would be a better idea to just include in your game collection page. I don't know, what do you guys think. This would of course only be a valid idea after the new emblem system has matured and more games have been scrutinized under the new review system.
HRDKyoSaNim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 HRDKyoSaNim
No further ideas on this subject huh? :?
cubeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 cubeman
Member since 2005 • 4274 Posts
I wouldn't mind it, but the thing is you have to get a lot of people to go along with something here for Gamespot to even think of wanting to do it.
HRDKyoSaNim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 HRDKyoSaNim
I guess not enough people are passionate enough on this idea to bother commenting on it. :(Oh well, at least I threw it out there. Thanks for posting cubeman! :)
_Sam_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 _Sam_
Member since 2003 • 31483 Posts
but how could they associate to all the games in your profile if they were made for a particular game?
HRDKyoSaNim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 HRDKyoSaNim
How could they possibly keep making new emblemsindividual toeach game. You mean to tell me that If one game gets a good story emblem, no other game will ever get it again?
_Sam_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 _Sam_
Member since 2003 • 31483 Posts
I think I misunderstod what you are saying. Do you mean that there should be an emblem for the different types of games you have in your collection
HRDKyoSaNim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 HRDKyoSaNim

Here is an example of a game that has undergone a review under the new system including emblems.

The Darkness

As you can notice, it has a lot of emblems under "the good" section of the review, including the "brutal", "good start", and "great story" emblems to name a few. I would assume that after many games have been graded under this new emblem system, that there will be many repeats of these awards. I'm proposing then, that in your profile they have another emblem section devoted solely to your game collection, and after you've accumalated 50 (arbitrary number)games in which, let's say they all have the "great story emblem," You get the great the "great story" emblem in that emblem section in your profile. This section I would think should also house existing profile emblems regarding your game collection, for example, the aficionado, good taste, serious collector, etc. As I said before, I don't think it could be an idea that can be implemented right now, simply because there haven't been too many games reviewed under the new implemented system. You get what I'm saying now, Sam?

Ryo_Kensen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#9 Ryo_Kensen
Member since 2005 • 3480 Posts

Here is an example of a game that has undergone a review under the new system including emblems.

The Darkness

As you can notice, it has a lot of emblems under "the good" section of the review, including the "brutal", "good start", and "great story" emblems to name a few. I would assume that after many games have been graded under this new emblem system, that there will be many repeats of these awards. I'm proposing then, that in your profile they have another emblem section devoted solely to your game collection, and after you've accumalated 50 (arbitrary number)games in which, let's say they all have the "great story emblem," You get the great the "great story" emblem in that emblem section in your profile. This section I would think should also house existing profile emblems regarding your game collection, for example, the aficionado, good taste, serious collector, etc. As I said before, I don't think it could be an idea that can be implemented right now, simply because there haven't been too many games reviewed under the new implemented system. You get what I'm saying now, Sam?

HRDKyoSaNim

That's actually a pretty good idea.

rohver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 rohver
Member since 2005 • 11848 Posts
Not many games have emblems so this might take a log time if it were implemented.
HRDKyoSaNim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 HRDKyoSaNim

I see what you're saying...many mediocre games don't get any emblems, because nothing is terribly bad or good about the game that is noteworthy. I would like to point out by the way that my idea should apply to bad emblems as well. Like if you get 50 games that share a common bad emblem, you can still have it awarded to your profile. You wouldn't only be getting the good emblems in my proposed system. That way it will also let's people know that you have a tendency to trapping yourself into buying games with a typical flaw in it.

Ryo_Kensen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#12 Ryo_Kensen
Member since 2005 • 3480 Posts
You should get one emblem for each, good and bad.
HRDKyoSaNim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 HRDKyoSaNim

oh well I wasn't even thinking of limiting the numer you can get. It would simply apply to any emblem, good or bad, that repeats within a certain number of games in your collection. If it happens to be 5 good ones and 2 bad ones, they would all appear in this new section I'm proposing.