Future Streaming speed plans?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Chack1598

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Chack1598
Member since 2004 • 1351 Posts

Ok - I was watching random old On The Spots earlier and I noticed the maximum streaming speed going from 300k to 700k and also a larger viewing window. Are there any future plans to increase these again? This is more of a curiosity than a request since the current stream is perfectly fine. Also would increasing the maximum streaming speed be a difficult thing to do? I really have no idea on the subject so I really don't know what it would entail.

Oh and last question - are there any plans to be able to stream the HD content in HD rather than having to download it? Again this is just a curiosity.

Hope someone can answer this,

thanks. 

CraigB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 CraigB
Member since 2002 • 4451 Posts

We're always looking at ways to enhance our streaming experience. We'll definitely let our community know the next time we make changes to our offering.

Streaming HD would take one hell of a connection.  Our HD videos are 7 mbps, which is 10 times higher than our highest streaming option. A lot of users' connections can't handle smooth 700k true streaming as it is, so no immediate plans to stream HD content. Hopefully someday in the future!