This topic is locked from further discussion.

Reed_Bowie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Reed_Bowie
Member since 2011 • 506 Posts
Due to the amount of topics on the OT board regarding current events, I feel that it would be in the site's best interest to add a board specifically dedicated to topics related to current events.
michaelP4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 michaelP4
Member since 2004 • 16681 Posts
I would totally disagree with this. Keeping all non-video game discussion on the one board is the best thing to do. Why? Look at GameFAQs - it has more boards than users! Only one board on GF is actually used for non-video game discussion. Users like to affiliate themselves to a particular board and keep to it - they don't like being spread out. Also, you'd be effectively splitting the activity in OT to the point that OT would become just random, instead of at least having something fresh and interesting keeping it afloat, which is current affairs - generally the best type of discussions OT has.
topsemag55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#3 topsemag55
Member since 2007 • 19063 Posts

I would totally disagree with this. Keeping all non-video game discussion on the one board is the best thing to do. Why? Look at GameFAQs - it has more boards than users! Only one board on GF is actually used for non-video game discussion. Users like to affiliate themselves to a particular board and keep to it - they don't like being spread out. Also, you'd be effectively splitting the activity in OT to the point that OT would become just random, instead of at least having something fresh and interesting keeping it afloat, which is current affairs - generally the best type of discussions OT has.michaelP4

In complete agreement, second this.