Comment section in news not showing up occasionally.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

elheber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 elheber
Member since 2005 • 2895 Posts

Once in a while, after reading through a few news articles consecutively, the comment section just doesn't show up in the next one I read. Once it gets like that, the comment section doesn't show for any other article I click on for some undetermined amount of time. It looks like this:

It happens on Firefox and IE, both up to date. Windows 8.1 64-bit, both on my home and office computer.

A similar thing happens on Opera and Chrome on my Android phone, except the "Around The Web" doesn't show up either but the Show Comments button does (but loads forever). As soon as it happens, I'll take a screenshot and post it here along with details.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#2 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

Yeah, happening again to me today.

thenarzod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 thenarzod
Member since 2009 • 31 Posts

It's happening to me also. I've tried to surf in Incognito Mode on Chrome by pressing Ctrl+Shift+n and the comments reappeared.

Hope they fix this glitch.

RobotOpBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -3

#4 RobotOpBuddy  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 65506 Posts

It's a known issue with livefyre and is being worked on I believe (though it's worth noting that livefyre is 3rd party and therefore the team for it is off-site). Refreshing will sometimes fix it as the issue appears to be intermittent, but it'll often take many attempts to get it to appear.

anthonyr1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 anthonyr1
Member since 2005 • 462 Posts

Yeah @robotopbuddy is correct. The comments are run by Livefyre and they keep disappearing every once in a while, not sure exactly why. Trust me when I say there has been plenty of yelling in the office because of this. Hopefully it gets fixed soon, sorry for the inconvenience. I just keep refreshing the page or go into incognito mode and that usually works for now.

@robotopbuddy said:

It's a known issue with livefyre and is being worked on I believe (though it's worth noting that livefyre is 3rd party and therefore the team for it is off-site). Refreshing will sometimes fix it as the issue appears to be intermittent, but it'll often take many attempts to get it to appear.

elheber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 elheber
Member since 2005 • 2895 Posts

@robotopbuddy: Thank you. I'll try incognito, to see if that helps.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@anthonyr1 said:

Yeah @robotopbuddy is correct. The comments are run by Livefyre and they keep disappearing every once in a while, not sure exactly why. Trust me when I say there has been plenty of yelling in the office because of this. Hopefully it gets fixed soon, sorry for the inconvenience. I just keep refreshing the page or go into incognito mode and that usually works for now.

@robotopbuddy said:

Yes, they need to fix this crap. It happens every single day for me and is real annoying. How do you go into Incognito Mode?

anthonyr1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 anthonyr1
Member since 2005 • 462 Posts

@blackace: I use Google Chrome browser and if you click "File" there is an option for "New Incognito Window".

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

I log out and log back in and go to the comments and it usually fixes it for me. If GS tries to keep you logged in against your will you can delete your cookies then relog. It takes some effort but it usually works for me.

JLomay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By JLomay
Member since 2014 • 26 Posts

This has been happening to me as well. I thought it was Gamespots fault and didn't know it was a third party system. I really hope it gets fixed soon as it's very annoying. Logging out and back in seems to work btw.

bunchanumbers is the one who told me that logging out and in works.

capfuzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By capfuzz
Member since 2007 • 31 Posts

I am using Chrome and incognito mode doesn't effect anything. Refreshing has worked occasionally though.

tsunami2311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 tsunami2311
Member since 2003 • 1798 Posts

Serious this issue with comment not work has been going on for months either drop Livefyre and find some other service that works or do the comment in house.