Comment posting in blog problem

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ps3hdalltime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 ps3hdalltime
Member since 2012 • 427 Posts

Hello

I have been thankful to the moderatorr who helped me out in ask the mods forum

but my problem isnt solved yet

This is my problem when i go to the individual bog i can see 28 comments or so on when i move the cursor to

the 28 or so on comments it highlights the comments word and when i double click it nothiong happens

hence my question is how i post the comment? what am i doing wrong

Any help is appreciated

Thanks in advance

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

Please list the following:

1. Operating System
  2. Internet Browser

If you could take a screenshot of the page you are referring to and indicate what parts you are attempting to interact with then this issue could be solved faster.

ps3hdalltime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ps3hdalltime

@BranKetra:

operating System: Windows 7 professional 64 bit

Tried on Google chrome and mozilla firefox both not working, while i move the cursor on the comments word the comments word is highlighted but when i double click it nothing happens

thanks

RobotOpBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: -3

#4 RobotOpBuddy  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 65506 Posts

@ps3hdalltime: You're referring to the 'by user on month day, year # Comments' part with the link being the speech bubble and number of comments, correct? It changes to orange when hovered over.

At a glance all that link does is apply the #livefyre anchor to the specific user profile/specific blog link.

All that does is take you down to the livefyre section at the bottom of the individual blog pages (or it'll change the address to the individual blog page one if you're not already on it - clicking it again after it reloads should then take you down to the livefyre section).That is the part that has "DISCUSSION" followed a livefyre applet with a comment number, amount of "people listening", etc and a sort by newest/oldest/top comments. You access this part by simply scrolling down on the specific blogs page (click the blog title if you're not already on it). If the livefyre section doesn't appear it's most likely due to script-blocking or element-hiding add-ons. Specifically, fyre.co and livefyre.com scripts have to be allowed. The anchor itself should work provided that element with the livefyre anchor name attached has loaded as it's using basic anchor functionality that is supported by pretty much all browsers, though sometimes you may have to click it again (or wait a couple of seconds) after it reloads a page.

That said, last time I checked, the comments counter at the top isn't tracking the comments at the bottom of the blog, but rather the posts that are made in a blog posted to the forum. As such the numbers will likely be different. If you want to read the "comments" already posted as counted by that link at the top then you'll need to find the forum thread that acts as it's mirror. If you can't find it feel free to post the link to the blog you're looking for the attached thread to and I'll find the thread using the ID if it still exists (it's not uncommon for blogs posted to the forum to be removed from the forum).

---Short version:

If it's taking you down to the livefyre section at the bottom that it's functioning as expected atm, even if there's no comments there (the counter at the top is counting something different to what it links to). If it isn't, but the livefyre section lower on the page has loaded, then it may just be a matter of clicking it once more, but regardless you can just scroll down if you can't get it to work.

If it isn't and the livefyre section lower on the page hasn't loaded either then make sure that scripts from fyre.co and livefyre.com are able to run and that none of your other add-ons are getting in the way of it loading. An easy way to see if it's an add-on or not is to open a new incognito window in chrome with no add-ons and check the page again or to simply use the restart with add-ons disabled option under help in firefox (press alt to bring up the menu at the top if it's hidden by default).

If you want to read the "comments" that it's counting at the top then post the link to the blog here and I'll post the link to the mirror thread for it with the posts being counted as comments in it if it's still on the forums. Assuming it's still on the forums and unlocked you'll also be able to post in it.

ps3hdalltime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ps3hdalltime

installed add on from fyre.co and also from livefyre.com for chrome, firefox not installing dont know why, still no luck

for eg: how do i post comment for this

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/playstation-now-s-all-access-service-costs-20-per-/1100-6424456/

nothing happens after i double click r click many times on the comments word

Help appreciated

Thanks

RobotOpBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: -3

#6 RobotOpBuddy  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 65506 Posts

Clicking on the comments word/button at the top on that page should also take you further down the page to the part just under 'Discussion' where the livefyre stream appears too. As that is a news article and not a blog there's no linked thread, just the livefyre comments at the bottom of the page. You can just scroll down the page to the part just under discussion if the comments button isn't working.

There's no add-on to install, it's just allowing the scripts from those URLs to run. The scripts required come from the domains livefyre.com and fyre.co. Just in case it's worth making sure that gamespot.com scripts are also allowed to run. This means ensuring that javascript is allowed to run in the browser and that the scripts aren't being blocked by something like NoScript or Ghostery. If you're not sure then the easiest way is to disable all of your add-ons and make sure that javascript is enabled (privacy>content settings>javascript for chrome or via about:config>javascript.enabled for firefox). Javascript is enabled by default in both and as such this shouldn't require any changes to be made. Firefox's "restart with add-ons disabled" and Chrome's "incognito mode" disable all add-ons by default as well.

I'm assuming you're using a desktop/laptop system as you're using W7, if you're using a tablet/mobile device then please specify as you'll be using a different version of the site in that case. Also does your device use a touchscreen? - I notice you're mentioning double clicks in general and when using a mouse normally only 1 click is necessary for hyperlinks, whereas a double-tap is normally required for touch devices, and that will also affect functionality a little.

Are you using a home network to access the internet or something like a library/university/college/business connection? Proxies are often used outside of home networks and can be set up to block a variety of things. It's possible, even if not particularly likely, that livefyre is being blocked by such a proxy if even with scripts being able to run you don't see the livefyre section (see screenshot below for a rough idea of what it looks like). In such a scenario you'd have to contact the network admin/person that set it up to check or make changes to that.

If the scripts are running fine then you should see something a bit like this (this is a rather old screenshot so it won't look quite the same, this is also when using the light theme rather than the dark theme and when not logged in - the 'sign in'/'post comment as...' should have your username/'post comment' when logged in) immediately under the section title saying discussion.