Can't post user review

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kharens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 0

#1 kharens
Member since 2004 • 26 Posts

Hello,

I have been trying to post a user review for Dragon Age: Inquisition and every time I enter keywords into the Reviewed Item field, nothing ever appears in the pull down menu (labelled: Please search for a wiki object to review) for me to select.

I have tried this in Chrome and IE with no success. Any ideas?

RobotOpBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: -3

#2  Edited By RobotOpBuddy  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 65506 Posts

The bug:
When trying to write a review via your profile the search box doesn't appear to be working (i.e. when using URLs of the form: http://www.gamespot.com/profile/{username}/reviews/create) - it should trigger an in-page search with a drop-down menu listing the found items, and upon clicking one of them it should populate the drop-down menu with the various releases for the selected game - instead the text is entered and then nothing visually happens, making it impossible to select an item to populate the drop-down and allow further, more specific, selection of a release. This appears to be a site issue in general and not browser specific from my testing.

The workaround:
Your best bet is to go to the game page, reviews tab, and then click on write a review - this will fill the reviewed items drop down with all the releases for said game automatically so you can just pick the one you played for the review, bypassing the seemingly broken search - note that there appears to be some duplicates in the list, which may or may not be another bug, but shouldn't affect your ability to submit a review. I briefly checked with the DA:I page and it seems to be working fine via that method. (i.e. it works when using URLs of the form: http://www.gamespot.com/{game name/ID}/user-reviews/new).

Example: Click the orange "Write a Review" button on this page for DA:I to write a review for it. You don't have to select a score prior to writing a review if you don't want to, as there's a score drop-down within the review creation page.