Bloodklot73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Bloodklot73
Member since 2010 • 78 Posts

For some reason I can't even see the comments let alone leave one. Is this an ongoing bug? Or have I been banned for some odd reason?

digitaldame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#2 digitaldame
Member since 2006 • 5401 Posts

Are you talking about comments in news articles or are you talking about forum posts?

Bloodklot73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Bloodklot73

I'm talking articles. I can post here fine. I read in another thread that it was a Livefyre problem and it seems true. Everytime I click on comments, this "#livefyre" gets added to the address bar and nothing happens. Although the admin in the other thread said that they Livefyre updated but it's still not working.

edit: oh I guess that WAS you in the other thread. yes. it's still not working.

RobotOpBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -3

#4 RobotOpBuddy  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 65506 Posts

If you scroll down the page you should see a part saying "DISCUSSION" followed by the livefyre comments section, all that comments button is supposed to do is take you down to that part of the page. If not make sure that you don't have any add-ons, etc that may be blocking scripts from livefyre.com or fyre.co as blocking either will prevent the comments section from loading, scripts from gamespot.com should also be allowed but I suspect that is already the case otherwise they'd be other visible issues on the site. Javascript also needs to be enabled, but this will be enabled by default. It may be worth clearing the browser temporary files as well.

If none of that helps then please list your browser and OS, preferably including version. Whether or not the network you're on is using a local proxy (typically home networks won't, whereas business, library, campus, etc networks typically will use proxies - if you're not sure just saying whether it's a home network or a business/campus/etc network is fine.) is also useful to know, as if it's not a home/proxy-less network it could be the proxy blocking it.

Bloodklot73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Bloodklot73

So I disabled all my add-ons on Chrome and it still didn't work. So next I went on your proxy hunch and yes I'm at work. I opened up a Tor browser window and low and behold, the comments show up. But if you know Tor, there's no working video because the extensions expose the anonymity. So I'm left to view things on Chrome and comment on Tor LOL. Sorry for blaming the website, I was just really frustrated. Now I'm only partially frustrated but none of that is on you. Thanks.

edit: nm i found out you can enable and disable flash extension in Tor.

edit2: Can't login using Tor... gamestop doesn't show up in their HTTPS rules. Oh well I'll just have to comment at home. You've won this time work network!!!

RobotOpBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -3

#6 RobotOpBuddy  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 65506 Posts

@Bloodklot73: Well, if it's any consolation there are plans to replace livefyre, my current understanding being it'll be replaced with an in-house version. When exactly I can't say but suffice to say it's been mentioned a few times here in the past and the change is most likely to happen this year, hopefully sooner rather than later. Once said change is made it's possible the work proxy won't cause any issues with commenting on GS.

Bloodklot73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Bloodklot73

@robotopbuddy: Thanks Roboto. That would be terrific.

HipHopBeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 HipHopBeats
Member since 2011 • 2850 Posts

I'm having the same issue in Firefox with review articles. Can't see any comments no matter what I do.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

I've having the same problem with News and Review articles. Not seeing any comments section at all for any New/Review article. It was working fine yesterday, so I'm not sure what's the problem. Please fix this ASAP.

HipHopBeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10  Edited By HipHopBeats
Member since 2011 • 2850 Posts

Oh well, at least comments on IGN still work with no problem.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@HipHopBeats said:

Oh well, at least comments on IGN still work with no problem.

Yeah, but we want them to work here. Stii unable to comment on News and Reviews. This is ridiculous. Seems no one is fixing the problem.

elessarGObonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 140

#12 elessarGObonzo
Member since 2008 • 2677 Posts

still no comments with articles or videos. been at least 48hrs.

Windows 8.1 x64

Firefox, not working on Chrome or IE either

Home network working fine, other sites no problem