Bug: Inaccessible Stack - connection reset error

This topic is locked from further discussion.

s_h_a_d_o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By s_h_a_d_o
Member since 2004 • 1317 Posts

I can neither 'view' nor 'edit' the [default] Games I Own stack via the appropriate button/link - neither does it appear to be visible from my public profile - keep getting a 'connection reset' error...

"The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading."

Only appears to be happening for that one - stacks I've created since "The Change" appear to be fine - an issue with the quantity of games contained therein, perhaps? It was originally an Ordered stack (limit of 100), but I did convert to Unordered on one of the few times I managed to get to edit it (see below).

Interestingly, the page will display (after a loooong time waiting) if/when I have another tab open in order to create this bug report (although I cannot move from Page 1 of that stack list when merely 'viewed'). :\

Cache-clearing does not help.

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 19

#2  Edited By Starshine_M2A2
Member since 2006 • 5593 Posts

Delete the stack and make a new one I suppose.

s_h_a_d_o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By s_h_a_d_o

@Starshine_M2A2 said:

Delete the stack and make a new one I suppose.

I thought the point of these recent changes was that I might be able to update my other Stacks from this one, by copying the games it contains, in order to avoid the necessity of making a whole new list.

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 19

#4 Starshine_M2A2
Member since 2006 • 5593 Posts

@s_h_a_d_o: I don't know but that might only apply to stacks you make after the update. Stacks already in place may be suffering from an outdated code or something like that.

s_h_a_d_o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By s_h_a_d_o

@Starshine_M2A2:

@Starshine_M2A2 said:

@s_h_a_d_o: I don't know but that might only apply to stacks you make after the update. Stacks already in place may be suffering from an outdated code or something like that.

Well, the Games I'm Playing stack, which also existed and was transferred over after site changes, is still entirely viewable/editable with no problems. I suspect (as suggested in my original post) it's perhaps a quantity/ordering issue.

However, I'm beginning to think it more likely to be an issue that stems from database discrepancies, given reports of games/platforms/expansions/dlc/etc being aggregated into a 'lowest-common-denominator' style of data entry - not to mention those that no longer even appear to exist anymore. :|